Add a little snap to your daily snack with these green and healthy air fryer roasted snap peas.
Raw peas are sweet and tasty, but add a little oil, spices, and roast in the air fryer and it won’t be possible to eat just one. They can be served with a dip, stir-fried, or added as a side dish. It’s such a versatile recipe that everyone will love!
Air Fryer Snap Peas
- Air fryer snap peas are filled with fiber and nutrition, making them a healthy snack instead of chips.
- Toss them with some oil, a few spices, and give them a roast in the air fryer for the best crunch and flavor. Chances are it won’t be possible to eat just one!
- This versatile recipe is so easy to bring to a party, to make as a quick appetizer for game day, as a snack for when the kids come home after school, or as an addition to a school lunch.
Sugar Snap Peas vs. Snow Peas
First and foremost know that there are generally two different types of peas on the grocery store shelves – snap peas, and snow peas. Fresh or frozen peas, snow, or snap have a similar flavor and are all good choices for this recipe.
SUGAR SNAP PEAS These peas are a cross between the snow plant and the garden pea plant. These are the fatter and sweeter relative of the snap pea. Because they have a little more sugar they are sweet and crisp making them great as a raw stand-alone snack. These are the best option for this recipe.
SNOW PEAS These peas tend to be flat, with little almost unformed peas inside. They are the best stir-fried or adding chopped to salads.
How To Prepare Snap Peas
Snap peas sometimes have little strings that should be removed. Cut the ends off the peas and then pull at the string that runs the length of the pea. Remove the string from the other side as well.
Another tip is to make sure that the peas are dry before roasting. Blot off the excess water with a paper towel or spin them in a lettuce spinner.
How To Cook Snap Peas In An Air Fryer
When the snack attack hits give these perfect peas a try!
- Toss the peas with oil.
- Cook in the air fryer as per the recipe below.
Have leftovers? These peas will keep in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. To reheat and re-crisp, toss them back in the air fryer for a few minutes!
How To Eat Snap Peas
There are so many delicious ways to serve this versatile recipe!
- Roasted snap peas are perfect for dipping with ranch or hummus.
- Make a platter of roasted vegetable appetizers by including them with Air Fryer Roasted Okra, Easy Air Fryer Radishes, Air Fryer Garlic Green Beans, and Air Fryer Roasted Peppers.
- Toss them into stir-fries, or serve them as a crunchy side dish with Air Fryer Herb Chicken Breasts, and Instant Vortex Air Fried Crab & Cream Cheese Wontons.
Recipe Tips for Success!
An important thing to remember is that food in the air fryer must be well spaced (not overcrowded). The circulating air helps to ensure that the snap peas in this recipe are crisp.
If making large amounts, try cooking them in batches for the best results.
Favorite Veggie Appetizers
- Air Fryer Carrot Fries
- Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower
- Spicy Air Fryer Dill Pickles
- Air Fryer Cheesy Garlic Cauliflower
- Air Fryer Onion Rings
Air Fryer Roasted Snap Peas
- 2 cups snap peas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your air fryer to 390°F.
- Toss the peas in olive oil and seasonings.
- Cook for 4 minutes then shake the basket and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
REPIN this Air Fryer Snap Peas Recipe