Vortex Air Fryer Bacon Cauliflower Mac and Cheese | Keto – Low Carb
For most people, pasta is one of the hardest things to give up when going Keto/Low Carb. With this awesome Bacon Cauliflower Mac & Cheese you won’t feel like you are missing anything. The cool part is, you can make this in under 10 minutes using nothing but your microwave and Vortex Air Fryer!
Simply chop the cauliflower and cook for a few minutes, then add the other ingredients and cook in the Vortex Air Fryer for a few more. Super simple!
You can also make this in an Instant Pot as well but you won’t get the crunchy top that you get in the air fryer.
Containers for Cooking Casseroles in a Vortex Air Fryer
These small Pyrex dishes make cooking casseroles in a Vortex Air Fryer super easy! Just make sure they are under 8 ¾” long so they will fit. The width of the rack is almost exactly 9″ so it needs to be smaller than that. Also, don’t forget handles are not always included in the length. Handles could add more!
This is my favorite set because all of these will fit and you get a variety of sizes…
Vortex Air Fryer Bacon Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
- 4 strips bacon
- 1 cup water
- 1 small cauliflower diced
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- green onions or parsley finely chopped, for garnish
- Cook the bacon in your air fryer for 5 minutes. Dice into small pieces.
- In a microwave-safe bowl - add one cup of water and the cauliflower. Microwave for five minutes. Check for tenderness. If still hard cook another few minutes. Drain.
- Preheat your Air Fryer to 400°F.
- In the same bowl, combine the cream cheese, heavy cream, one cup of cheese, salt, cayenne, bacon, and paprika. Microwave one more minute.
- Put the cauliflower mixture in a Vortex safe dish. Place on the lowest shelf - use your quick cover if you have one to keep the top from browning too quick.
- Cook for 4 minutes. Remove top and cook for 2 more until golden brown.