This blended sweet Roasted Red Pepper Soup is a comforting and easy meal made quickly on the stove or in a hot blender.
Made with bell peppers and basil in a broth and cream base that is lightly seasoned, this soup is mild and oh so creamy! Top it with a sprinkling of walnuts and some basil. It will hit the spot!
Roasted Red Pepper Soup
PIN IT to your SOUP board for later!
Follow Everything Air Fryer and more on Pinterest for More Great Ideas!
Best Creamy Soup Recipe
- Red peppers are loaded with nutrients and vitamins. In this recipe, they are pulsed in the blender and combined in a creamy broth to enhance the flavor.
- Quick soups are warming and comforting. This recipe is the best for those cold fall or winter evenings!
- Love soup? Try some of our other recipes, like this Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup, Instant Pot Steak Potato and Mushroom Soup, or Instant Pot Italian Vegetable Meatball Soup.
Ingredients & Variations
RED PEPPERS: Peppers are loaded with antioxidants. They also have a lot of vitamin C and A. When purchasing make sure that the skin is wrinkle-free and without bruises. To cut and deseed, simply cut around the stem and then pull it out. Most of the seeds and core will come out. Tap the rest of the seeds out. Try making these Air Fryer Roasted Peppers for easy preparation.
THE BROTH: This soup is made from vegetable broth and some heavy cream. Use a store-bought broth or a homemade version.
VARIATIONS: Don’t be shy about trying other colored peppers. The color is indicative of the stages of ripeness. Red is the ripest and green being the least. Red peppers are sweeter than green-colored peppers. Adding a few tomatoes and topping with cheese and tortillas are some other great-tasting variations.
How to Make Roasted Red Pepper Soup
Soups are so easily made in this blender:
- Roast the peppers.
- Add remaining ingredients, except cream, to a blender (per recipe below).
- Blend. Add the cream and pulse slowly.
Serve with a slice of garlic toast.
What to Serve with Roasted Red Pepper Soup
Serve this soup with some air fryer biscuits, air fryer pull-apart cheese bread, or make a batch of perfect air fryer grilled cheese. Make it a delicious full meal by prepping some tasty Air Fryer Stuffed Twice “Baked” Potatoes.
- To make it in a regular blender, add all the ingredients, except for the cream, to a blender. Blend. Pour into a pot on the stove. Heat. Once cooked slowly add the cream and mix. Top with walnuts and some cheese.
- This soup can be frozen. Add it to an air-tight freezer container. The cream may separate from the broth when thawed. It will keep for up to 6 months. To thaw, leave it in the refrigerator. Once it has thawed, completely warm it up in a pot on the stove.
Fave Bell Pepper Recipes
- Crispy Air Fryer Bell Peppers – perfect snack or side!
- Air Fryer Sausage and Peppers– quick and easy
- Vortex Air Fryer Mushroom Stuffed Bell Peppers – savory favorite
- Instant Vortex Air Fryer Sausage, Potato & Bell Pepper Hash – tasty supper!
Roasted Red Pepper Soup (Blender)
- 2 cups roasted red peppers
- 2 ½ cups vegetable stock
- ¼ onion diced
- 1 cup fresh basil
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons walnuts chopped, for garnish
- Place all ingredients in the blender in the order as listed.
- Secure the lid and blend for 6 minutes on the soup setting of the blender or until steam starts to rise from the vents and the soup is smooth.
- Pour heavy cream into the blender and slowly pulse until it is just combined.
- Garnish with chopped walnuts and serve.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
REPIN this Roasted Red Pepper Soup Recipe