This Pineapple Green Smoothie is quick and easy to prepare. Made with a handful of ingredients and ready in 10 minutes, it is the perfect breakfast!
Get all the benefits of a healthy spinach smoothie without waiting in line or a hefty price tag. With just four ingredients and a few minutes this is the perfect post workout drink!
Pineapple Green Smoothie
PIN IT to your BREAKFAST board for later!
Follow Everything Air Fryer and more on Pinterest for More Great Ideas!
What is a Green Smoothie?
GREENS: The perfect smoothies always start with something green! Baby spinach, kale, even spicier leaves like radish leaves can be mixed into a green smoothie! Add parsley, cilantro, or other greens for a fun twist.
FRUIT: This recipe calls for a banana for natural sweetness and smooth texture, plus a handful of tropical fruit like pineapple for a fresh tart flavor. Switch it up with kiwis or your favorite fruits!
DAIRY: Add a creamy base like milk. Yogurt or kefir can add probiotics too if desired. Dairy intolerant? No worries, this smoothie tastes just as great with coconut, almond, or even oat milk or yogurt.
- If a fresh bright green color is desired, avoid mixing greens with red or blue fruits, but go for lighter colors that won’t turn brown or grey when mixed. But if the color doesn’t matter, then anything goes!
- Add a scoop of vanilla, chocolate, or strawberry protein powder for an extra boost before a workout. For extra health, blend with hemp seeds, chia seeds, flax meal, or even nuts. Anything goes when it comes to making smoothies! They can be different every single time!
How to Make a Green Smoothie
Green smoothies are the iconic superfood drink that’s been around for decades. But, now it’s easier than ever to make them at home in a blender.
- Simply put all of the ingredients in a blender (as per recipe below).
- Pulse until smooth.
Pour into a cup, garnish if desired, and enjoy!
PRO TIP: If using a hearty green like kale, blend it with the liquid first to ensure it is smooth and then add the remaining ingredients.
Tips for a Yummy Pinapple Green Smoothie
If using a hearty green like kale, blend it with the liquid first to ensure it is smooth, and then add the remaining ingredients.
Milk can be replaced with a non-dairy alternative.
For a thicker smoothie, use a frozen banana or add a handful of ice cubes.
Make an extra batch and freeze it into an ice cube tray. Short on time or ingredients? Just pop a cube or two into the blender with some milk and it’s smoothie time with no peeling, cutting, or chopping!
No fresh spinach on hand? Use frozen instead. 1 cup fresh spinach is a small amount of frozen since it is so densely packed. Use no more than 1/4 cup or approximately 1-2 cubes of frozen spinach with this recipe.
Are Green Smoothies Good for You?
Start the day off right with a dose of natural vitamins and antioxidants! Green smoothies are the best way to start the day or get re-energized after a workout! Smoothies are super healthy fast food.
Try These Other Easy Breakfast Ideas
- Berry Smoothie – a red smooth smoothie!
- Perfect Air Fryer Bacon – crispy and salty!
- Air Fryer Mini Egg, Ham, and Cheese Quiche – filling and healthy!
- Air Fryer Breakfast Sausage – comforting breakfast sausage
Pineapple Green Smoothie
- ⅔ cups milk
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- 1 banana
- Place all ingredients in the blender in listed order.
- Secure lid and blend until smooth about 4-5 minutes.