Homemade air fryer croutons will uplevel your soups and salads and they are so easy to make in the air fryer!
There is nothing like homemade croutons! The air fryer makes them turn out so light and crispy, perfect for snacking or using to top a savory soup. This recipe is super quick and easy to make, too, with just 4 simple ingredients.
Crispy Air Fryer Croutons
- Croutons are a deliciously fun way to dress up meals or just to snack on! Kids love these (affordable) portable snacks!
- Make crispy croutons in just a few minutes in the air fryer! Keep the recipe simple or add your fave seasoning!
- This quick and easy crouton recipe is a great way to use up any kind of leftover bread!
Ingredients and Variations
BREAD: Croutons can be made from any kind of bread! ‘Heels’ (the ends of sliced, sandwich bread), leftover hoagie rolls, a sourdough boule, rye, or pumpernickel, anything goes!
SEASONING: A dash of oil, salt, and pepper is all it takes. But, dial up your DIY with a delish seasoning blend for croutons, like Italian seasoning or Herbs de Provence.
How to Make Air Fryer Croutons
- Toss cut bread cubes with oil and seasonings (as per the recipe below).
- Air fry them in a single layer until they are crispy and browned.
- Cool before storing.
How to Store Croutons
Keep croutons in a zippered bag with a slice of bread (to absorb moisture) for up to 2 weeks.
Add Croutons to These Soups
- Crock Pot butternut squash soup – Fragrant and healthy
- Roasted red pepper soup (blender) – Creamy and smooth
- Cheesy potato soup (blender) – Easy and creamy
- Instant Pot steak potato and mushroom soup – Hearty and healthy
Air Fryer Croutons
- 7 slices bread
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat air fryer to 350°F.
- Cut bread into medium sized cubes.
- Toss with olive oil and seasonings in a large bowl.
- Place in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 9-11 minutes shaking the basket frequently so all the sides get crispy and browned.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!