Street Hot Dogs are a yummy treat that is quick and easy to prepare!
On any street in West Los Angeles, you can find a vendor selling LA Street Dogs. What separates these from any average hot dog is that they are wrapped in bacon and served on a toasty bun with peppers and onions! The recipe is basic, but every vendor has a unique combination of condiments and toppings. Make this fun, portable recipe at home just in time for movie night, game night, or any night!
Street Hot Dogs
PIN IT to your MAIN DISH board for later!
Follow Everything Air Fryer and more on Pinterest for More Great Ideas!
Favorite Street Hot Dog Recipe
- Make LA street dogs in minutes in the air fryer.
- Everything is better with bacon! No need to buy pricey hot dogs, either. Street dogs are a food that’s best served basic, with just the right amount of savory sautéed peppers and onions.
- Cook LA street dogs for a crowd by pre-cooking the bacon-wrapped dogs, then keep them warm in the oven with the peppers and onions.
- Toast the buns and let everyone build their own. Fun for a party or game day, there’s a street dog style for everyone! Set out a variety of toppings and let everyone build their own LA street dog!
Ingredients & Variations
MEAT – Choose hot dogs that fit the length of the bun. Beef, pork, or blended meat dogs are fine. Choose bacon that is thick enough to stay whole on the dog. Pepper bacon, brown sugar, or maple are all fun varieties of bacon to experiment with.
TOPPINGS – Pepper and onions are easy to make for LA street dogs. Sliced mushrooms, diced tomatoes, minced onion, nacho cheese, jalapenos, even sliced black olives are all fun and delicious toppings.
BUNS – Choose buns that are long enough and big enough to hold the dog and the toppings. Rub a clove of garlic over the toasted buns for an extra punch of savory flavor!
How to Make LA Street Dogs
Street dogs are just as unique as the vendors who make them, and they are so simple to make:
- Butter and toast buns in the air fryer. Keep them warm in the oven.
- Cook the peppers and onions (per recipe below) and set them aside.
- Wrap bacon around each hot dog and cook until the bacon is crispy.
Build the street dogs and heat them all up in the air fryer. Serve hot alone or with additional toppings.
Tips for the Perfect Hotdog
- Always preheat the air fryer to guarantee perfectly toasted buns, crispy bacon-wrapped dogs, and perfectly caramelized peppers and onions.
- Serve with these portable snacks too: Air Fryer Onion Rings, Frozen Fries in the Air Fryer, or Air Fryer Tater Tots (from frozen).
More Bacon Recipes in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers – guaranteed to pop!
- Perfect Air Fryer Bacon – just perfectly crisp bacon
- Air Fryer Sweet Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin – sweet bacon and pork tenderloin!
- Air Fryer Bacon Cauliflower Mac and Cheese – a delicious combination
Air Fryer LA Street Dogs
- 4 hot dogs
- 4 hot dog buns
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 bell peppers sliced
- ½ onion sliced
- 4 strips bacon
- Preheat the air fryer to 390°F.
- Butter the buns and toast them for 1-2 minutes in the air fryer.
- Slice the peppers and onions and put them in the air fryer basket. Cook them for 5-7 minutes or until tender. Remove from the air fryer when done and set aside for later.
- Wrap one slice of bacon around each hot dog and cook for 8 minutes or until bacon is crispy.
- Once the bacon is cooked build the hot dogs in the air fryer basket and cook for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
Recipe inspired by The Chef, Netflix show with Jon Favreau.