The air fryer makes bacon wrapped jalapeño poppers in minutes!
Savory and spicy poppers are the perfect snack or party appetizer. The combination of crispy bacon, nacho cheese, and fresh jalapeños create an exciting flavor explosion that will get any party “popping!”
Make restaurant-worthy cheesy jalapeños in minutes in your Ninja, Vortex, or Corsari air fryer!
Easy Air Fryer Appetizer
- Jalapenos stuffed with melty nacho cream cheese and wrapped in bacon are the ultimate movie night or game day snack!
- Only takes 15 minutes to cook them in the air fryer!
- Low-carb and keto-friendly stuffed jalapenos are perfect as an appetizer or a side snack to a salad or bowl of your favorite chili!
- Cook in batches and keep them warm on a baking sheet in the oven. Right before serving, place them all under the broiler to make them extra crispy on the outside.
Ingredients & Variations
JALAPENOS: Choose jalapenos that are the same size so they cook evenly. Remove the white ribs and seeds if you want a less spicy result.
CHEESE: Nacho cheese blend is similar to a Mexican 4 cheese blend and if you can’t find it, simply shred equal amounts of cheddar, Monterey jack, and pepper jack.
BACON: Instead of plain bacon, why not try peppered bacon, jalapeno bacon, hickory smoked, or maple bacon? Thin varieties will wrap better than thicker ones.
How to Make Jalapeño Poppers in the Air Fryer
This easy recipe is ready to serve in minutes!
- Prep jalapenos per recipe directions below.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a bowl until fully combined.
- Fill each jalapeno half with cheese mixture, wrap with bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Cook until bacon is crispy and the cheese is browned and bubbly.
Jalapeño Popper Pro Tips
Making bacon-wrapped jalapeno poppers is super easy with a few tips and tricks!
- Set the cream cheese out to soften so it’s extra easy to blend with the other ingredients.
- Remove the seeds for less heat.
- Use gloves when cutting and seeding the peppers, and avoid wiping your eyes as the hot oils will sting.
- Scoop the cheese mixture into a plastic bag with a corner snipped off at the bottom and use it to pipe the cheese mixture into each jalapeno half.
How to Store
Prep bacon-wrapped jalapeno poppers up to a day ahead and cook when ready.
Freeze them uncooked or cooked after they’re cooled by wrapping them individually in plastic wrap and freezing them on a baking sheet. Once frozen, transfer them to a zippered bag for up to 4 weeks. Reheat from frozen in the air fryer.
Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
- 6 jalapenos halved
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ cup nacho cheese blend shredded
- 6 slices bacon
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
- Cut the jalapenos in half lengthwise and use a spoon to scoop out the seeds and ribs.
- In a medium bowl mix together the remaining ingredients until fully combined.
- Fill each jalapeno half with the cheese mixture.
- Cut the slices of bacon in half crosswise and wrap half around each pepper, use a toothpick to secure the bacon in place.
- Arrange the peppers on an air fryer rack. Cook for 10-15 minutes or until bacon is crispy and cheese has browned.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!