Air Fryer cheese curds require minimal prep and are ready in minutes!
Crispy on the outside and melty and cheesy on the inside, air fried cheese curds will be a go-to snack all year round!
Everyone loves ‘squeaky’ cheese curds and the Air Fryer makes them fast and easy!
Easy Air Fryer Cheese Curds
- This recipe makes bistro-style fried cheese curds that ‘pop’ in your mouth when you bite them and are a wholesome kid favorite!
- Crunchy breaded cheese curds can be served hot from the Air Fryer or chilled to top a salad and even frozen for future snacking!
- Fun appetizer! Spear a few curds onto toothpicks for dipping into marinara, and add them to a charcuterie board. Or toss some into homemade poutine!
Ingredients and Variations
Cheese Curds – Most common are cheddar cheese curds, but you might find mozzarella, gouda, Havarti, provolone, gruyere, fontina, or halloumi. Look for them sold in bags in the deli or near the produce aisle.
Variations – Switch out the bread crumbs for almond flour and crushed pork rinds to make a keto style cheese curd.
How to Make Air Fryer Cheese Curds
Everyone loves these squeaky treats and the Air Fryer makes them fast and easy!
- Whisk an egg in a small bowl. Blend breadcrumbs and seasonings in another bowl.
- Toss cheese curds in a third bowl with flour.
- Dip floured cheese curds into the whisked egg and gently press them into the breading.
- Freeze curds and spray with cooking spray.
- Cook curds in a single layer in the Air Fryer (per recipe below) until crispy and melted, shaking the basket halfway through.
Pro Tips & Tricks
- Use parchment paper to catch any cheesy drips while the cheese curds are cooking (use a clean coffee filter for basket-style Air Fryers).
- Avoid crowding the Air Fryer so the cheese curds can cook evenly (keep cooked batches warm in the oven or toast them briefly under the broiler before serving).
- Don’t overlook freezing the curds for 30 minutes. This process is important so the cheese solidifies enough to stay whole while being cooked.
- Keep leftover Air Fryer cheese curds in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze them in zippered bags.
- Leftover and frozen Air Fryer cheese curds can be reheated in the Air Fryer until warmed through and crispy again!
Did you enjoy these Air Fried Cheese Curds? Leave a rating or comment below!
Air Fried Cheese Curds
- 8 ounces cheese curds
- ⅓ cup flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Crack egg into a small bowl. Place bread crumbs and seasonings in another bowl.
- Place cheese curds in third bowl and toss with flour. Remove from the flour allowing excess to fall off and toss with egg.
- Dip the cheese curds in the crumb mixture gently pressing to adhere. Repeat with remaining curds and place on a baking sheet.
- Freeze cheese curds for 30 minutes before cooking, once frozen generously spray curds with cooking spray.
- Place in a single layer in the preheated basket and cook 3-4 minutes or until crisp and melted.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!