For a fabulous finger food or easy side dish, make sliced potatoes in the air fryer!
Raw potatoes are thinly sliced, tossed with oil and seasonings, and baked in the air fryer until crispy, fork-tender, and golden brown.
It’s a cross between a chip and a fried potato wedge that will please every palate!
Air Fryer Potato Slices
- Potato slices cooked in the air fryer make for easy, non-greasy finger food.
- Perfect for dipping or serving as an uncomplicated side dish with burgers or hot dogs.
- Crisp and browned on the outside, with a creamy and fluffy interior.
- Quick and easy! Air fryer sliced potatoes don’t take as long as oven-baked. After prepping, you can enjoy this snack in less than 15 minutes!
- Everything you love about the air fryer is found in this easy recipe. Whether you are making potato slices, wedges, fries, or hash browns, the air fryer will always use less oil, and produce less mess than a deep fryer!
Ingredients and Variations
Potatoes – The best potatoes to use for this recipe are Russet or Yukon gold. Russets, which are great for baked potatoes too, have more starch and will produce a fluffier interior, while Yukon gold is creamier and lower in starch.
Red potatoes have too much moisture for this use and are better suited to potato salad, soups, or stews.
Variations – Use either peeled or unpeeled potatoes. The skins will crisp nicely! Making these potato slices the perfect vehicle for your favorite seasonings, condiments, and dips.
Season with garlic powder, herbs, or your favorite taco spices. Ketchup, salsa, or ranch dressing, are pantry staples that are always great for dipping. Other delicious options are spicy Buffalo sauce, healthy pesto, or creamy cheese sauce!
How to Make Sliced Potatoes in the Air Fryer
Easy, delicious, and healthy combine in this fabulous snack!
- Slice and soak potatoes. Then drain and pat dry.
- Toss with oil and seasonings (per the recipe below).
- Place in a single layer in the air fryer basket. (A little bit of overlap is OK.)
- Cook until crispy and lightly browned all over.
Tips for Perfect Potatoes
- Use a mandoline for slices that are uniform in thickness.
- For crispier fries, cut thinner slices and reduce the cooking time. Or, make them thicker if you prefer, and increase the time.
- Soaking and then drying the potatoes will remove the outer starch and produce a crispier exterior.
- Store potatoes in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Re-crisp by bringing them to room temperature, and then returning them to a preheated air fryer for a few minutes.
Did you enjoy this Sliced Potatoes in the Air Fryer recipe? Leave a comment and rating below!
Sliced Potatoes in the Air Fryer
- 1 pound yellow potatoes or russet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Scrub potatoes and slice into rounds ¼" thick using a mandoline or sharp knife.
- Soak sliced in cold water for 15 – 30 minutes. Then drain and dry.
- Preheat air fryer to 360℉.
- Toss potato slices with olive oil and seasoned salt.
- Spread potatoes out evenly in air fryer basket. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Flip potatoes and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes until tender and golden, tossing frequently.
- Use a mandoline slicer to achieve uniform thickness.
- Thinner slices and reducing the cook time will make crispier fries.
- For a crispy exterior, soak and dry the potatoes to remove the sticky starch layer.
- Re-crisp leftovers by bringing to room temperature, and then heating them in a preheated air fryer for a few minutes.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!