These Air Fryer Chickpeas are a crispy snack with an extra punch of spicy flavor.
These little legumes are the perfect protein-packed snack. They are small and portable, making them a great trail snack, car snack, and lunchbox stuffer. They are crunchy and coated in a flavorful salty spice rub, a great and healthy alternative to chips. Place a bowl out on game day and watch them disappear!
Why We Love These Crispy Chickpeas
- Chickpeas are little powerhouses of nutrition that dress up nicely.
- There are so many variations to this recipe. Adjust the spiciness to taste, and make them sweet or savory.
- They have a very stable shelf life. They will keep in the pantry for quite a few days.
- They make an excellent salad topper or can be used to add crunch to sandwiches, tacos, nachos, or wraps.
Ingredients and Variations
CHICKPEAS: Chickpeas are from the legume family and they are a great source of fiber and protein. Use canned chickpeas that have been rinsed.
If dried chickpeas are preferred then soak and precook the dried peas before using them. The Instant Pot does a great job of cooking dried legumes.
THE SPICES: A simple blend of spices of garlic, paprika, and salt. There are very few limitations to the spices that can be added. Chickpeas have a very mellow flavor, so they work well with almost any spice.
How To Make Air Fryer Crispy Chickpeas
This snack is so quick to make.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas.
- Mix chickpeas with spices.
- Cook in the air fryer (as per the recipe below).
That’s it! Just three simple steps and you’re ready for snacking.
Tips and Tricks
- Pat the chickpeas dry with a paper towel. This will help the spices stick.
- Roast them in one layer in the air fryer without overcrowding it the basket.
- Shake halfway through to ensure they are evenly crispy and delicious.
Make a couple of batches of these chickpeas. They will last in an airtight container at room temperature for two weeks!
Best Snacks in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Tortilla Chips – crispy and crunchy
- Air Fryer Tex Mex Egg Rolls – cheesy goodness
- Vortex Air Fryer Mini Potato Skins | Super Bowl Snacks – a crowd pleaser!
- Air Fryer Waffle Fries – quick and tasty
Air Fryer Crispy Chickpeas
- 14 ounces chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Drain chickpeas and dry with a paper towel.
- Toss chickpeas with oil and seasonings and toss to coat.
- Place in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Cook chickpeas 14-16 minutes or until crisp shaking after 7 minutes.