Try making waffle fries in the air fryer for a new favorite side dish or appetizer!
Take a break from regular French fries and try this recipe for air fryer waffle fries! This recipe cooks up lightly seasoned, crispy, and fluffy waffle fries in minutes. No one can eat just one! Serve with a tasty aioli or dipping sauce and watch them disappear off the platter before the second batch is done!
Waffle Fries in Air Fryer
PIN IT to your APPETIZERS board for later!
Follow Everything Air Fryer and more on Pinterest for More Great Ideas!
The Best Waffle Fries
- Who doesn’t love potatoes made into waffle fries? They’re a fun side dish or game-time snack. Make a batch (or two!) and everyone will beg for more!
- Waffle fries look like they were pressed in a waffle machine with square holes that ketchup, ranch dressing, or nacho cheese can dip through. Perfect for dipping and dunking!
- The air fryer is the best way to make foolproof waffle fries with minimal clean-up.
Ingredients & Variations
WAFFLE FRIES: Waffle fries are a fun departure from regular shoe-string fries because they are wide and flat and perfect for dipping and dunking. Other heartier style frozen fries to use are wedge fries and tater tots.
SEASONINGS: Any seasoned salt will do, but this DIY blend lets you adjust the ingredients to suit your taste! Other options include taco seasoning, Cajun seasoning, or any favorite spice blend.
How to Air Fry Waffle Fries
The air fryer makes everything easier, including these tasty fries! Simply follow these 2 easy steps to waffle fry perfection.
- Fill the air fryer basket halfway full with frozen waffle fries.
- Cook (per the recipe below), shaking the basket halfway through.
Toss with seasoned salt and serve immediately.
Air Fryer Tips
- Always preheat the air fryer before adding any food to the basket or tray. The burst of heat instantly crisps the outside while keeping the inside of the fries fluffy and tender.
- To keep the waffle fries from sticking to each other, lightly spray them with pan release or a high smoke point cooking oil like avocado oil, before cooking.
Keep leftover waffle fries covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat them in the air fryer or crisp them up under the broiler for about 3 minutes.
It’s okay to refreeze leftover waffle fries, but they won’t be as crispy once they are reheated. However, the air fryer does a great job recrisping them!
More Fries in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Zucchini Fries – with a crispy parmesan breading!
- Air Fryer Carrot Fries – colorful and healthy
- Homemade Air Fryer French Fries – just 30 mins start to finish!
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Wedges – a fun twist on classic fries
Air Fryer Waffle Fries
- 1 pound frozen waffle fries
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt (optional)
- Preheat Air Fryer to 400°F.
- Add the waffle fries to the air fryer basket, filling about ½ full.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes, shaking the basket after 5 minutes to prevent sticking.
- Toss waffle fries with seasoned salt (if desired) and serve immediately.