Sweet Potato Wedges are perfect for any occasion!
These air fryer sweet potato wedges are the healthier alternative to regular fries and they have a sweet, mellow flavor as well as lots of antioxidants and fiber! This simple recipe makes crispy wedges that are lightly seasoned with a bit of olive oil, smoked paprika, and cumin.
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Wedges
PIN IT to your SIDE DISH board for later!
Follow Everything Air Fryer and more on Pinterest for More Great Ideas!
The Best Crispy Wedges
- The air fryer makes perfectly roasted sweet potatoes with a crispy coating and a fluffy interior. No extended baking time in the oven and minimal clean-up!
- Quick and easy, these homemade wedges are a kid-friendly snack or side dish that everyone will love to dip and dunk.
- Restaurant-worthy sweet potato wedges are ready just in time for the big game or bbq.
Ingredients & Variations
SWEET POTATOES: Choose sweet potatoes that are free of cuts or bruises.
Regular Russet potatoes can be made the same way and a combination will make for a colorful presentation!
OIL & SEASONINGS: Use melted leftover bacon grease instead of olive oil for an extra boost of flavor!
Experiment with other seasoning blends like fajita seasoning, Cajun seasoning, homemade seasoned salt, or even this homemade Ranch seasoning mix.
How to Make Sweet Potato Wedges in the Air Fryer
For easy, crispy, and savory-sweet spuds, just follow a few simple steps:
- Cut sweet potatoes into wedges and soak them in cold water. Pat them dry with clean paper towels.
- Toss them with the oil and seasonings (per recipe below).
- Air fry in a single layer in the air fryer until cooked and golden brown.
- Don’t overcrowd air fryer. If needed cook in a few smaller batches and then place them all back into the air fryer for 2-3 minutes to heat/crisp before serving.
PRO TIP: A sprinkle of parmesan cheese is a nice and tasty touch!
Easy Tips & Tricks
- No need to peel the sweet potatoes before cutting them into wedges (although you can if you like). The skins make them extra crispy, with added fiber.
- Cut them in the same thickness so they cook at the same rate.
- Soaking them in cold water is critical to getting that crispy exterior as it removes the excess starch.
- Keep leftover sweet potato wedges in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. For best results, reheat them in the air fryer.
- Freeze leftovers in a zippered bag for up to a month and reheat from frozen in the air fryer.
More Sweet Potato and Potato Recipes
- Vortex Air Fryer Sweet Potato Orange Cups – packed with flavorful
- Vortex Air Fryer Praline Sweet Potatoes – an irresistible sweet treat!
- Air Fryer Potato Chips – crispy and crunchy
- Air Fryer Mini Potato Skins – perfect bite-sized appetizer!
- Air Fryer Baked Sweet Potatoes – an easy side dish
Sweet Potato Wedges
- 2 small sweet potatoes cut into wedges (peeling optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper each
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
- Cut sweet potatoes into wedges and soak in cold water for 15-30 minutes.
- When done soaking pat dry with paper towel and toss with olive oil and seasonings.
- Place in the air fryer basket and cook for 11-12 minutes or until cooked.