An air fryer baked sweet potato is an easy way to make the best sweet potato!
Make tender and fluffy, baked sweet potato in the air fryer for a quick and nutritious snack, side, or main dish in minutes!
Just prep, cook, season, and serve!
Easy Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes
- Nutritious! Air-fried sweet potatoes are a powerhouse of antioxidants and fiber and can be seasoned with sweet or savory toppings!
- Quick & easy! Get that twice-baked interior and crispy seasoned exterior without heating up the oven, turning on the stove, or using the Instant Pot, in less time with less cleanup!
- Make extras to use in recipes like soups, stir-fries, or even smoothies all week long!
Ingredients for Baked Sweet Potatoes
Sweet Potatoes – Choose whole, unblemished sweet potatoes that are the same size so they cook at the same rate. No need to peel! No sweet potatoes? Yams or regular potatoes can be substituted!
Seasonings – Just a bit of olive oil gives sweet potatoes a crispy skin, but leftover bacon grease will also give them a deliciously smoky flavor as well! Use your favorite seasonings like lemon pepper, chili seasoning, or Italian seasoning.
Toppings- Savory potatoes can be topped with butter, sour cream, sliced green onions, bacon bits, or homemade chili if you want to make them a main dish. Sweeter toppings can be a little butter, brown sugar, and a handful of mini marshmallows or chopped pecans. Try this sweetened praline version for a more festive potato.
How to Make Air Fryer Baked Sweet Potatoes
Powerful Ninja, Nuwave, or Cuisinart air fryers cook with little to no fat!
- Poke holes all around the sweet potatoes before seasoning them.
- Cook until tender, per recipe below.
- Remove, cut open, and season as desired.
Keep leftover Air Fryer baked sweet potatoes in the refrigerator for up to 5 days (if uncut, 3 days if cut open) and reheat them in the air fryer.
Freeze cooked and cooled sweet potatoes in zippered bags for up to 3 months and thaw them in the refrigerator before reheating in the air fryer.
Air Fryer Baked Sweet Potatoes
- 3 small sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat the air fryer to 390°F.
- Use a fork to poke holes all over the sweet potato. Rub the skin evenly with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Cook for 35-40 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork.
- Cut potatoes open and top with butter (and brown sugar if desired).
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!