Make this air fryer baked sweet potato recipe for a simple and delicious side.
The best thing about the air fryer is that it doesn’t take long to cook them at all! Just a few seasonings and delicious, nutritious baked sweet potatoes are ready to serve. Try them with sour cream on top, or butter and brown sugar.
Easy Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes
- Air fryer baked sweet potatoes come out with crispy, fried skin and a fluffy interior using your Vortex, Ninja, or any other air fryer!
- Why heat up the oven when you can get perfectly baked results in the air fryer with minimal prep and cleanup?
- Whole sweet potatoes are so versatile and can be made into a healthy sweet or savory side or main dish!
Ingredients & Variations
SWEET POTATOES: Choose sweet potatoes that are clean and heavy with intact skin. Make sure they are the same size so they cook at the same rate. Smaller potatoes will cook faster.
SEASONINGS: This recipe keeps it simple using a small amount of oil to get the skin nice and crispy and some salt to accent the sweet flavor. Use any savory or sweet seasoning blend you like, depending on how they’ll be served.
How to Bake Sweet Potatoes in an Air Fryer
- Poke holes all around the sweet potatoes before seasoning them.
- Cook until they are tender, per recipe below. (check your manual for proper power level).
- Remove and cut the top open before adding seasonings.
Sweet or Savory?
As a sweet dish, top air fryer baked sweet potatoes with a dollop of butter, some brown sugar, and a handful of mini marshmallows or chopped pecans. For a side dish, add butter, sour cream, chives, and a handful of bacon bits.
Other Air Fryer Sweet Potato Recipes
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Wedges – Healthy
- Vortex Air Fryer Sweet Potato Orange Cups – Unique and sweet
- Vortex Air Fryer Praline Sweet Potatoes – Sweet
- Parmesan Crusted Air Fryer Sweet Potato Wedges – Savory and sweet
Air Fryer Baked Sweet Potatoes
- 3 small sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat the air fryer to 390°F.
- Use a fork to poke holes all over the sweet potato. Rub the skin evenly with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Cook for 35-40 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork.
- Cut potatoes open and top with butter (and brown sugar if desired).