Hot and crispy Tex Mex Egg Rolls are the fun appetizer and finger food that everyone loves!
Classic taco ingredients like seasoned ground beef, bell peppers, salsa, and cheese are wrapped into eggroll shells and air-fried to crispy perfection. Taco egg rolls are the party-perfect treat. They are perfect for dinner, movie night, game time, or anytime.
Air Fryer Tex Mex Egg Rolls
PIN IT to your APPETIZER board for later!
Follow Everything Air Fryer and more on Pinterest for More Great Ideas!
What are Tex Mex Egg Rolls?
- These rolls are a fun fusion that’s totally pop-in-your-mouth delish. They are the ultimate party snack.
- Think egg rolls with their crispy outside. Then mix that with the cheesy taco meat. The result is scrumptious taco egg rolls!
- Serve them when it’s taco night as an appetizer with these jalapeno cups, or some air fryer Mexican corn (Elote).
Ingredients and Variations
MEAT Ground beef is always the first choice for taco egg rolls because it’s juicy and will absorb the seasonings perfectly.
However, leftover cooked chicken and turkey are great options, or go vegetarian and use black beans instead!
EGGROLL WRAPPERS Easy to find in the produce section or with the Asian foods, experiment with the brand that works best.
The trick to perfectly wrapped taco eggrolls is to make sure they are sealed tight with a little water on the edges.
VEGETABLES Small diced bell peppers (any color!), black olives, green chiles, anything that goes in a taco, can go in a tex mex egg roll!
CHEESE Cheese sticks are super easy and convenient to use, but a finely shredded combo of Mexican blended cheese works great too! You can also try sharp cheddar, Monterey Jack, Colby, or even Mexican crema, they will blend perfectly with the other ingredients.
SEASONINGS Packets of taco seasoning are easy to use or try your hand at a homemade taco seasoning!
How to Make Tex Mex Egg Rolls
With how delicious these are, it’s definitely a good idea to double the recipe!
- Prep ground beef mixture and simmer until thickened (or try this Air Fryer taco meat recipe).
- Place mixture and cheese in the center of each egg roll wrapper.
- Wrap and seal (as per the recipe below).
- Air fry and place on a paper towel to drain excess oil.
These egg rolls turn perfectly crispy in the air fryer but can also be baked in the oven or deep-fried in oil! No matter how you prepare them, serve them with a side of sour cream or your favorite dipping sauce.
PRO TIP: Rolling instructions are on the egg roll package. It really helps to use water to seal the edges of the egg rolls wrapper. Make sure that the edges are tucked in while frying.
Pro Tips & Tricks
- If deep-frying, make sure taco egg rolls are fully sealed to prevent the filling from seeping out in the hot oil and causing it to splatter.
- Keep taco egg rolls in a covered container and reheat them under the broiler or in the air fryer to make them extra crispy again!
- Freeze them in zippered bags and pop out a few or more as needed for a fun, quick snack.
Easy Air Fryer Appetizers
- Best Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks – ooey-gooey cheese sticks!
- Air Fryer Kale Chips – lightly seasoned with the perfect crunch
- Easy Air Fryer Zucchini Fries – perfect for dipping!
- Air Fryer Potato Chips – easily customized to your favorite flavor!
Air Fryer Tex Mex Egg Rolls
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion finely diced
- 1 green pepper diced
- 1 package taco seasoning plus water as per package
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 20 egg roll wrappers mine were 5″x5″
- 2 cups cheese shredded and divided (cheddar, Monterey jack, tex mex blend all work well). Cheese sticks also work great.
- oil for frying optional
- Brown ground beef and onions until no pink remains.
- Stir in green peppers, taco seasoning, salsa, and water (as required on the seasoning package). Cook until the water evaporates.
- Lay out each egg roll wrapper (in a diamond facing you). Place 1 ½ tablespoons each of cheese and taco filling in the center of each wrapper.
- Fold diagonally, fold sides in and roll up sealing the tip with a little bit of the water. Brush the outside of each egg roll with a little bit of vegetable oil or spray with cooking spray.
- Place in the air fryer basket 3-4 at a time and cook at 390°F for 8 minutes. Flip and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Preheat oil to 350°F.
- Carefully fry each egg roll for about 4-5 minutes or until browned and crispy.
- Remove and place on a paper towel-lined paper to cool slightly before serving.
- Assemble taco egg rolls, spray with cooking spray.
- Place in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350°F until brown and crispy, flipping halfway through baking.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!