Air fryer jalapeño poppers are so easy to make!
Fresh halved jalapenos are stuffed with a cheddar cream cheese filling, and sprinkled with bacon bits and breadcrumbs before they’re air-fried.
Jalapeño poppers in the air fryer are hot and fiesta ready in minutes!
Air Fryer Jalapeño Poppers
- Stuffed jalapenos are a game day classic!
- It won’t take long to make poppers so why not make a batch or two for movie night, game night, or even as an outdoor patio snack with a couple of cervezas?
- No need for deep-frying or to turn on the oven to bake this delicious appetizer, just a few minutes in the air fryer is all you need.
- Air fryer jalapeno poppers will be an Insta-worthy addition to any party table so don’t be surprised when everyone asks for your recipe!
- Make any party a fiesta and serve air fryer jalapenos with other favorites like taquitos, Tex-Mex egg rolls, and quesadillas! Or keep the heat going with a buffalo chicken dip.
Ingredients & Variations
Jalapenos – Choose fresh, firm large jalapeños and slice them in half, leaving the stem on one side and scooping out the seeds. PRO TIP: Mix the seeds into the cream cheese filling if you want extra hot poppers. Sweet mini red and yellow peppers are perfect vehicles for poppers if you want a non-spicy option.
Filling – Ready-seasoned cream cheese adds instant flavor to jalapeno popper filling, but any addition of herbs and spices, like garlic powder and onion powder, can be used with plain cream cheese instead. For a lighter filling, use half cream cheese and half Greek yogurt.
Variations – Make bacon-wrapped jalapeno poppers by assembling as directed and then wrapping each popper with a half slice of bacon and securing with a toothpick, if necessary. Swap the cheddar for Monterey jack. Leave off the bread crumbs for a gluten-free version or swap for crushed pork rinds for a low-carb version.
Serve with ranch dressing.
Always wear gloves when handling jalapenos since the oils can definitely irritate your skin and your eyes.
How to Make Air Fryer Jalapeño Poppers
- Prepare topping as directed in the full instructions below.
- Cut jalapenos in half and use a spoon to scrape out the seeds.
- In a medium bowl blend cream cheese with cheddar.
- Fill jalapenos with cream cheese mixture and top with bacon bits and Panko bread crumbs.
- Place jalapeno poppers in a single layer in the air fryer basket and air fry until the cheese is melted and the jalapenos are tender-crisp. Serve hot.
Be sure the cream cheese is at room temp so it’s extra easy to blend with the cheddar and bacon bits.
Storing Jalapeño Poppers
Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days and reheat them in the air fryer.
Make ahead by assembling and freezing poppers in a single layer before transferring them to a zippered bag for up to 3 months. Thaw before cooking in the air fryer.
Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers
- 8 jalapeno peppers
- 6 ounces herb & garlic cream cheese or Boursin
- ¾ cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 4 tablespoons bacon bits or 4 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- ⅓ cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
- In a small bowl combine Panko, bacon, and melted butter. Set aside.
- Slice the jalapenos in half lengthwise and scrape out the seeds. Use gloves or wash your hands well afterward.
- Combine cream cheese and shredded cheddar together in a bowl. Fill jalapenos with the cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle each jalapeno with the Panko and bacon topping, lightly pressing to adhere.
- Air fry for 7-9 minutes or until cheese is melted and jalapenos are tender crisp.
- Cool at least 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!