These chicken quesadillas are a cheesy, quick, and comforting dish. They are also perfect as served as party appetizers or as a fun family dinner.
The air fryer helps to put a meal on the table in just a few minutes. They are also loaded with meat, veggies, and lots of melty cheese folded into a crispy tortilla!
Easy 10 Minute Recipe
- Using ready-made ingredients, air fryer chicken quesadillas come together fast with minimal mess and cleanup! Even the littlest cooks can help!
- Turn leftover bits of meat, veggies, and cheese into healthy, hand-held snacks that everyone will love!
- Kids love quesadillas! For ‘veggie-resistant’ kiddos, this is a great way to sneak in veggies like chopped spinach, broccoli, or zucchini.
- Make batches in advance and reheat under the broiler for last-minute get-togethers!
- Try these other Mexican Night, inspired air fryer recipes; air fryer tacos, air fryer Mexican corn (Elote), air fryer frozen taquitos, or air fryer Mexican lasagna.
Ingredients & Variations
TORTILLAS: Any size of flour or corn tortillas work for quesadillas. Large tortillas can be cut in half and then folded over to fit the air fryer.
CHICKEN: Shredded or diced cooked chicken is a real time saver! Or air fry a whole bird the day before and stock up for future recipes. A can of black beans or cooked white rice makes an excellent vegetarian option.
CHEESE: Choose your favorite Mexican cheese blend, cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack, Nacho… or a combination of all three.
VEGGIES: Red peppers and jalapenos add a sweet and spicy crunch to chicken quesadillas. Other veggies to add in are corn, black olives, or diced tomatoes.
How to Make Chicken Quesadillas in the Air Fryer
- Combine chicken and salsa (or a dash of hot sauce).
- Layer one half of a tortilla with shredded cheese and the other with the remaining ingredients.
- Fold over and brush with olive oil.
- Cook until browned and crisp, flipping halfway through (as per the recipe below).
- Serve with dippers like sour cream, extra salsa, or guacamole!
Top Tips for Crispy Quesadillas
- For best results, use a trivet or toothpicks to keep the quesadillas together until the cheese starts to melt. Check after the first minute to be sure they don’t open up.
- Let chicken quesadillas cool for about 2 minutes before cutting them into wedges.
- Keep leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days and reheat them in the air fryer.
More Mexican Dishes in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas – Quick and easy
- Air Fryer Brisket Tacos – Handheld winner!
- Quick Air Fryer Nachos – Game day snack
- Air Fryer Frozen Taquitos – Crispy and crunchy
Air Fryer Chicken Quesadilla
- 4 ounces cooked chicken shredded or diced
- ¼ cup salsa
- 2 flour tortillas 10-inch
- 1 cup Mexican cheese blend shredded
- 1 tablespoon red onion diced
- 1 tablespoon jalapenos thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil for brushing the tortilla
- Preheat air fryer to 370°F.
- Combine pre-cooked chicken and salsa.
- Lay out the tortillas and top each tortilla with half of the chicken, cheese, red onion, and jalapenos.
- Fold in half to close and brush the outside of the tortillas with olive oil.
- Gently place in the air fryer basket or on the air fryer trays and top with a metal trivet*.
- Cook 4 minutes, open the air fryer and remove the trivet. Flip the quesadillas over and cook an additional 4-6 minutes or until browned and crisp.
- Cool 2 minutes before cutting into wedges.
- If you don't have a trivet, secure the tops of the tortillas with toothpicks. Check them after 1 minute as they will sometimes open from the air circulating. Once the cheese has started to melt, they will stay closed.
- Add any cooked vegetables you'd like.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!