Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas are super quick and they come out perfect every time!
Now it’s easy to get juicy and tender restaurant-quality chicken fajitas at home with the air fryer! Lightly seasoned chicken breasts and veggies are cooked in one simple step in the air fryer and ready to serve in 15 minutes. Everyone will say Ole to this recipe!
Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas
PIN IT to your MAIN DISH board for later!
Follow Everything Air Fryer and more on Pinterest for More Great Ideas!
Simple Air Fryer Recipe
- Air fryer chicken fajitas are a fast way to get a healthy dinner on the table.
- Fajitas are an easy recipe to make because the meat and veggies are all cooked together. The air fryer makes this delish dish come together in only 15 minutes!
- Who doesn’t love Mexican food at a party? Make a tasty Mexican-style buffet with a selection of corn and flour tortillas, sour cream, guacamole, salsa, sliced avocados, diced tomatoes, olives, and jalapenos. Garnish with lime wedges and fresh sprigs of cilantro.
- Add these southwestern-style recipes to the party, too! Air Fryer Frozen Taquitos, some Air Fryer Corn on the Cob Mexican Street Corn (Elote), and a pitcher of Sangria!
- New to the air fryer life? Here are some popular, easy, air fryer starter recipes to try! The MUST Try Recipes When You Get A Instant Vortex Air Fryer
Ingredients & Variations
CHICKEN Use fresh boneless, skinless chicken breasts and slice them about ¼” thick. For beef fajitas, use thinly sliced skirt steak (make a marinade with lime juice and olive oil to tenderize steak). For shrimp fajitas, cook only 10 minutes.
VEGETABLES Bell peppers and onions are always in a fajita recipe, but feel free to choose a variety of colorful bell peppers and red or white instead of yellow onions. Sliced mushrooms, diced zucchini, corn, even small diced potatoes can all be added to the air fryer basket.
How to Make Chicken Fajitas in the Air Fryer
3 simple steps to fajita success.
- Toss chicken and veggies with oil and taco seasoning (per recipe below).
- Cook 15 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Drizzle with lemon juice, garnish with cilantro, and serve.
PRO TIP: For best results, shake the air fryer basket halfway through cooking.
- For best results, preheat the air fryer before cooking anything in it so it seals the outside while leaving the inside tender.
- If making multiple batches of chicken fajitas, keep cooked portions warm in a casserole dish covered with aluminum in the oven.
- Prep extra batches to eat in wraps, or top salads, or add to omelets all week long!
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat on the stove.
More Mexican Dishes in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Grouper Tacos w/Corn Salsa – fish with tacos and salsa
- Air Fryer One Pan Beef Fajitas – veggies and beef
- Quick Air Fryer Nachos – lots of cheese and chips!
- Air Fryer Frozen Taquitos – delicious and crispy
Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas
- 2 chicken breasts sliced
- 2 bell peppers sliced
- ¼ red onion sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp taco seasoning
- 1 lime for serving
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the air fryer to 390°F.
- Toss sliced ingredients in a bowl with the olive oil and seasonings.
- Place in the air fryer basket and cook for 15 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Drizzle with lime juice and cilantro and serve.