Air fryer tacos are the perfect last-minute snack, party appetizer, or main dish for taco night!
This recipe makes soft or crunchy tacos filled with seasoned ground beef, melty cheese, and spicy salsa. It’s simple to customize tacos to personal taste preferences, too! But the best part is that the air fryer makes dinner time quick and easy with minimal clean-up!
Air Fryer Tacos
PIN IT to your MAIN DISHES board for later!
Follow Everything Air Fryer and more on Pinterest for More Great Ideas!
Best Air Fryer Tacos Recipe
- Homemade tacos are the ultimate crowd-pleasing dish!
- This recipe makes them so fast in the air fryer, that it’ll be easy to keep up with demand!
- Make a DIY taco bar and let guests create their own masterpieces! Serve with a hearty side of refried beans, a side of air fryer Mexican corn (elote), and a pitcher of homemade margaritas.
Ingredients & Variations
GROUND BEEF: We prefer an 80/20 blend of ground beef. A little bit of fat helps the seasonings lock-in and makes air fryer taco meat extra juicy!
SEASONINGS: Pre-packaged taco seasoning is easy to find. But feel free to make it your own, add a sprinkle of red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper for an extra spicy kick!
TORTILLAS: Choose the tortillas that work best for you. Flour or corn tortillas, mini or jumbo-sized shells, the air fryer heats them up perfectly!
CHEESE: Choose a Mexican blend made with Monterey Jack, sharp cheddar, Asadero, and Queso Quesadilla for the best flavors.
Best Taco Toppings
Make a DIY Taco Bar with all of your favorite add-ins and topping!
VEGGIES: Serve with classics like shredded lettuce, diced avocados, and tomatoes. Or get adventurous with sliced black olives and some spicy jalapenos.
SAUCES: Don’t forget the salsa, sour cream, and guacamole! Try serving with different types of salsa like pineapple or mango salsa for a fresh summer flavor!
How to Make Air Fryer Tacos
These easy tacos are ready in 20 minutes and oh so delicious!
- Brown ground beef and season (or use this air fryer ground beef recipe).
- Place tortillas in the air fryer and add toppings (per the recipe below).
PRO TIP: Avoid overcrowding the air fryer so the hot air can circulate around each taco.
- Fold over tacos and cover with an oven-safe trivet.
- Cook until the cheese is melted and the tortillas are crisp.
Don’t forget to add your fave toppings and serve immediately!
Favorite Taco Tips & Tricks
- Save space in your air fryer with a handy taco holder insert.
- Keep leftover tacos in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days and reheat them in the air fryer.
- To make clean-up a cinch, place a slice or two of bread on the bottom of the air fryer to absorb any fat drippings.
- Keep leftover toppings or add-ins in separate covered containers or zippered bags in the refrigerator until ready to use.
More Mexican-Inspired Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas – Restaurant quality
- Quick Air Fryer Nachos – One for game day!
- Air Fryer Mexican Lasagna – So cheesy
- Air Fryer Tex Mex Egg Rolls – A perfect combo!
Air Fryer Tacos
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- ½ cup water
- 8 tortillas
- 2 cups Mexican cheese blend shredded, divided evenly over tacos
- ½ cup salsa approximately 1 tablespoons per taco
- Preheat Air Fryer to 400°F.
- Brown ground beef in a frying pan over medium heat until no pink remains and drain any fat (or use air fryer taco meat).
- Stir in the taco seasoning and water, simmer until water is gone.
- Place 4-5 tortillas in the air fryer basket and top with ground beef mixture, cheese, and 1 tablespoon salsa. Do not overcrowd the air fryer.
- Fold in half and place an oven safe trivet over top to hold them in place.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is crisp.
- Top with your favorite taco toppings and serve immediately.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!