Air fryer tacos are the perfect last-minute snack, party appetizer, or main dish for taco night!
This recipe makes soft or crunchy tacos filled with seasoned ground beef, melty cheese, and spicy salsa.
It’s simple to customize tacos to personal taste preferences, too! But the best part is that the air fryer makes dinner time quick and easy with minimal clean-up.
Crispy Air Fryer Tacos
- Homemade tacos are the ultimate crowd-pleasing dish!
- Stuffed with all the great Mexican fixins’ the air fryer turns these into crispy, air fried creations that are so easy to make.
- This recipe cooks them so fast in the air fryer, that it’ll be easy to keep up with demand!
- Make a DIY taco bar and let guests create their own masterpieces.
- No need to make a deep-fry mess to get crispy taco shells, the air fryer will do the trick!
Ingredients & Variations
GROUND BEEF: We prefer an 80/20 blend of ground beef. A little bit of fat helps the seasonings lock-in and makes air fryer taco meat extra juicy!
SEASONINGS: Pre-packaged taco seasoning is easy to find. But feel free to make your own with ground cumin, chili powder and garlic powder. Add a sprinkle of red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper for an extra spicy kick!
TORTILLAS: Choose the tortillas that work best for you. Flour tortillas, hard taco shells, or corn tortillas, mini or jumbo-sized shells, the air fryer heats them up perfectly!
CHEESE: Choose a Mexican blend or try Monterey Jack, Pepper Jack, or sharp cheddar for the best flavors.
VARIATIONS: This recipe calls for ground beef, but ground turkey, shrimp, fish, or shredded chicken are also other great protein options. Add extra vegetables like mushrooms, or even red bell peppers for added flavor.
How to Make Air Fryer Tacos
These easy tacos are ready in 20 minutes and oh so delicious!
- Brown ground beef and season (or use this air fryer ground beef recipe).
- Place tortillas in the air fryer and add toppings (per the recipe below).
PRO TIP: Avoid overcrowding the air fryer so the hot air can circulate around each taco.
- Fold over tacos and cover with an oven-safe trivet.
- Air fry until the cheese is melted and you have crispy taco shells.
Don’t forget to add your fave toppings and serve immediately!
Make a DIY Taco Bar with all of your favorite add-ins and topping!
VEGGIES: Serve with classics like shredded lettuce, diced avocados, tomatoes, fresh cilantro, and white onions. Or get adventurous with sliced black olives and some spicy jalapenos. Serve with lime wedges or a fresh squeeze of lime juice.
SAUCES: Don’t forget the salsa, sour cream, and guacamole! Try serving them with different types of salsa like pineapple or mango salsa for a fresh summer flavor!
Ways to Use Leftover Taco Meat
- Keep leftover tacos in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days and reheat them in the air fryer. They can also be frozen, for delicious quick, and easy grab-and-go snacks.
- Leftover taco meat can be used for adding to Air Fryer nachos, Air Fryer Mexican lasagna, and Air Fryer Tex Mex egg rolls.
Air Fryer Tacos
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- ½ cup water
- 8 tortillas
- 2 cups Mexican cheese blend shredded, divided evenly over tacos
- ½ cup salsa approximately 1 tablespoons per taco
- Preheat Air Fryer to 400°F.
- Brown ground beef in a frying pan over medium heat until no pink remains and drain any fat (or use air fryer taco meat).
- Stir in the taco seasoning and water, simmer until water is gone.
- Place 4-5 tortillas in the air fryer basket and top with ground beef mixture, cheese, and 1 tablespoon salsa. Do not overcrowd the air fryer.
- Fold in half and place an oven safe trivet over top to hold them in place.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is crisp.
- Top with your favorite taco toppings and serve immediately.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!