This super easy air fryer asparagus recipe rivals the “asparagus fries” seen on fancy bistro menus!
Make tender-crisp roast asparagus with just 3 easy ingredients, cooking asparagus has never been easier! Serve them as an appetizer, side dish, or healthy snack.
Amazing Air Fryer Asparagus
- Get flavorful asparagus from this air fryer recipe in minutes, no oven needed!
- Each piece has that crispy, roasted look and tons of flavor without being deep-fried, perfect as a healthy snack over French fries!
- Low-carb and keto-friendly, asparagus can be served with a sprinkle of grated parmesan cheese for an extra crispy coating.
- Serve them with your favorite dip or dressing or use them all week long in recipes from mini quiches, to stir-fries.
Use the air fryer to save time, space, and clean up when you make the whole meal! Serve asparagus with chicken breasts, air fryer salmon, or make bacon or prosciutto wrapped asparagus for an appetizer.
Ingredients & Variations
Asparagus – Choose fresh stalks that are equal in width so they cook evenly. Hold each stalk and snap off the woody ends and then line them up and trim asparagus to the same length. Frozen asparagus spears can be used (and is usually already prepped), make sure it is thawed and thoroughly patted dry. Fresh asparagus is always best, though.
Seasonings – A little olive oil and some salt and pepper are all it takes to bring out the delicately sweet flavor of asparagus. Leftover bacon grease is a great substitute for the olive oil for a smoky flavor. Drizzle balsamic vinegar or lemon juice to make the asparagus pop. Or sprinkle soy sauce, red pepper flakes, fresh herbs such as parsley or basil, or a dash of garlic powder for extra flavor.
How to Air Fry Asparagus
- Prep asparagus as directed and toss in a large bowl with oil and seasonings.
- Place asparagus in a single layer in the air fryer.
- Cook (per recipe below) until they are lightly browned and tender. Serve hot.
Tips for the Best Air Fryer Asparagus
- For best results, always preheat the air fryer before using it so the initial blast of hot air can seal the outside of the food and keep the insides nice and tender.
- Be sure to pat the asparagus dry before tossing in the oil and seasonings so they can easily cling to the asparagus.
- For thin asparagus, check them a few minutes early. For really thick asparagus you may need to add a couple of minutes.
- Avoid overcrowding the air fryer basket or tray so the hot air can circulate around each piece.
- To reheat, pop back into the air fryer for 2 to 3 minutes.
Air Fryer Asparagus
- 1 pound asparagus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
- Wash and dry the asparagus trimming the ends*.
- Toss the asparagus with the oil and seasonings.
- Place in the air fryer basket and cook for 7-10 minutes or until tender.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!