Salmon in the Air Fryer makes for a flaky main dish of a meal that can be ready in minutes!
This delish salmon recipe is a super easy way to cook this succulent fish. Sprinkled with just a little bit of sugar and rubbed with some spices, it is so full of flavor. No one can resist this tasty recipe, and it couldn’t be easier to make!
Air Fryer Salmon
PIN IT to your MAIN DISH board for later!
Follow Everything Air Fryer and more on Pinterest for More Great Ideas!
Easy Air Fryer Salmon
- The salmon is cooked to perfection so quickly. Fish doesn’t take long in the oven, but in the air fryer the process is even quicker. It makes the best crust on the outside of the salmon.
- The inside flesh of the fish comes out super flaky and moist in the air fryer.
- Spices and brown sugar add the perfect sweetness and spiciness.
- Try using this salmon in Air Fryer Grouper Tacos w/Corn Salsa recipe. Or try Air Fryer Salmon w/ Zucchini, Air Fryer Fish & Chips, or Air Fryer Salmon Sliders.
Ingredients & Variations
SALMON: It is easy to find salmon at the supermarket. A fresh or frozen fillet can be used, however fresh is best and tends to taste a little better than frozen. The cooking time may need to be increased for a frozen fillet.
THE SPICES: The spices are quite simple, just a little bit of garlic, salt, and paprika. Nothing complicated. However, to spice things up a bit try adding a little cayenne. Or sprinkle it with a little oregano, onion powder, and thyme, or try adding some dill.
How to Cook Salmon in the Air Fryer?
Simple salmon in the air fryer!
- Preheat the air fryer.
- Combine the ingredients in a bowl.
- Coat the salmon in olive oil. Rub the mixture over the salmon.
- Cook (as per recipe below).
- The salmon will be cooked when the internal temperature reaches 145°F. Make sure to test in the thickest part of the meat. Cooked salmon also flakes easily.
- After cooking there is sometimes a grey or white liquid that has formed on the top of the meat. This is an omega-3 fatty deposit and is very healthy.
- Most salmon, fresh or frozen is sold with the skin on. This can be removed before cooking. However, it is much easier to cook with the skin on. It will not affect the taste, and generally, the flesh of the fish just flakes off the skin after it has been cooked.
Easy Air Fryer Entrees
- Air Fryer Chicken Cutlets – juicy and tender!
- Glazed Air Fryer Ham Steaks – easy supper
- Air Fryer Steaks – tender every time
- Air Fryer Brown Sugar Pork Chops– no muss no fuss!
Air Fryer Salmon
- 2 salmon filets 5-6 oz each
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Combine seasoning ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Coat salmon with olive oil, evenly rub the spice mix onto the salmon.
- Gentley place the salmon in the air fryer basket and cook for 6-7 minutes or until salmon starts to flake or reaches 145°F internally.