Ham Steaks in the Air Fryer are the perfect protein for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
Cook ham steaks in the air fryer with this sweet and savory mustard and brown sugar glaze that goes with all kinds of side dishes. Low key Thanksgiving? No problem! Air fryer ham steaks have all the festive flavor of a holiday ham without the prep and clean-up.
Air Fryer Ham Steaks
PIN IT to your MAIN DISH board for later!
Follow Everything Air Fryer and more on Pinterest for More Great Ideas!
Best Air Fryer Ham Steak
- Ham steaks are usually purchased pre-cut and ready to reheat. They’re a fast way to make an elegant main dish without the work! Here are some super quick and easy holiday air fryer dishes to add to ham steaks Easy Thanksgiving Dishes to Make in Your Vortex Air Fryer.
- Either bone-in or boneless ham steaks come out juicy and tender every time!
- No air fryer? Simply heat up ham steaks in a skillet and then brush on the glaze and cook until the edges are crispy and browned.
Ingredients & Variations
HAM STEAKS Fresh or frozen, ham steaks can easily be seasoned and cooked in the air fryer, just add a few minutes for frozen steaks, the recipe for the glaze stays the same.
Fresh is always best but leftover ham slices from the holidays can also be used. Simply season or glaze, reheat, and serve.
GLAZE Brown sugar, honey, Dijon mustard, and a dash of apple cider vinegar make a glaze that caramelizes right onto each ham steak. Maple syrup, used in place of honey, also creates a balanced sweetness that cooks right onto the steaks.
Dijon mustard has a bright and tangy flavor, but stone-ground, spicy brown, whole grain, or hot mustard are other acidic complements to the sweetness of the sugar, honey, or maple syrup. Experiment with favorite seasonings and create your own signature dish!
How to Cook Ham Steak in the Air Fryer
Make these sweet ham steaks in the air fryer.
- Brush glaze over the steaks
- Bake in the air fryer (per the recipe below).
What to Serve with Ham Steak
There are so many delicious sides that go with air fryer ham steaks, it’s hard to pick just a few.
For dessert, try Easy Southern Vortex Air Fryer Peach Cobbler.
Air Fryer Tips
- Always preheat the air fryer before cooking any recipe. The burst of hot air circulates around the food, sealing the juicy flavors inside.
- Ham steaks should be of equal size so they cook at the same rate. Check for doneness halfway through and brush on additional sauce or glaze, if desired.
- Always leave a little space between the ham steaks so the air can circulate around each piece.
More Ham Recipes in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Grilled Ham and Cheese
- Egg & Cheese Ham Cups | KETO & Low Carb
- Instant Vortex Air Fryer Mini Egg, Ham, and Cheese Quiche
- Air Fryer Ham, Egg, and Cheese Sliders
Air Fryer Ham Steaks
- 2 small ham steaks or bone-in ham steak
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 ½ teaspoons dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon cider vinegar
- Preheat air fryer to 390°F.
- Combine glaze ingredients and brush over the steaks.
- Place in the air fryer (if they're large, you may need to cook in batches). Cook 3 minutes. Flip the ham steaks over and brush with glaze again.
- Cook 2-3 more minutes or until heated through and edges are lightly browned.