Air Fryer Ham Steak is the perfect protein for breakfast, lunch, or a quick dinner!
Cook ham steaks in the air fryer with this sweet and savory mustard and brown sugar glaze that goes with all kinds of side dishes.
Low-key Easter or Thanksgiving? No problem! Air fryer ham steaks have all the festive flavor of a holiday ham without the prep and clean-up. Let the Air Fryer do its magic!
Best Air Fryer Ham Steak Recipe
- Ham steaks are usually purchased pre-cut and ready to reheat.
- Air frying is quick enough for dinner any day of the week but still elegant enough for holiday meals.
- Either bone-in or boneless ham steaks come out juicy and tender every time!
- Just a few simple ingredients make a delicious glaze in this tasty air fryer meal.
Ingredients & Variations
Ham Steaks – Fresh or frozen, ham steaks can easily be seasoned and cooked in the air fryer, just add a few minutes for frozen steaks; the recipe for the glaze stays the same. Fresh is always best but leftover ham slices from the holidays can also be used. Simply season or glaze, reheat, and serve.
Glaze – Brown sugar, honey, dijon mustard, and a dash of apple cider vinegar make a glaze that caramelizes right onto each ham steak. Maple syrup, used in place of honey, also creates a balanced sweetness that cooks right onto the steaks.
Dijon mustard has a bright and tangy flavor, but stone-ground, spicy brown, whole grain, or hot mustard are other acidic complements to the sweetness of the sugar, honey, or maple syrup. Experiment with your favorite seasonings and create your own signature dish!
How to Cook a Ham Steak in the Air Fryer
- In a small bowl mix together glaze ingredients.
- Brush glaze over the steaks.
- Bake in the air fryer basket in a single layer (per the recipe below).
Season with salt and pepper to taste as needed.
What to Serve with Ham Steak
There are so many delicious sides that go with air fryer ham steaks, it’s hard to pick just a few.
Make that air fryer pull double-duty with these easy-to-prep, cook, and clean up sides. Just keep ham steaks wrapped in foil to keep warm while making sides! Serve with air fryer scalloped potatoes, easy air fryer radishes, or air fryer bacon wrapped Brussels sprouts.
Air Fryer Tips
- Always preheat the air fryer before cooking any recipe. The burst of hot air circulates around the food, sealing the juicy flavors inside.
- Ham steaks should be of equal size so they cook at the same rate. Check for doneness halfway through and brush on additional sauce or glaze, if desired.
- Always leave a little space between the ham steaks so the air can circulate around each piece.
More Ham Recipes in the Air Fryer
Air Fryer Ham Steaks
- 2 small ham steaks or bone-in ham steak
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 ½ teaspoons dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon cider vinegar
- Preheat air fryer to 390°F.
- Combine glaze ingredients and brush over the steaks.
- Place in the air fryer (if they're large, you may need to cook in batches). Cook 3 minutes. Flip the ham steaks over and brush with glaze again.
- Cook 2-3 more minutes or until heated through and edges are lightly browned.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!