Air Fryer Grilled Ham and Cheese is a new twist on the tried and true classic sandwich.
Cooked in the air fryer this humble sandwich comes out with a crispy exterior and the same warm, melted, and buttery cheese on the inside. And with a little extra slice of ham, this air fryer grilled ham and cheese is just pushing the limits a little further.
Favorite Lunch Recipes
- A ham and cheese sandwich is the classic favorite that everyone enjoys. It is simple, truly easy to make, and filling.
- This uncomplicated sandwich has just a few ingredients, perfect for a last-minute lunch or snack. So go on, give it a try, the air fryer will not disappoint with this one.
- Serve with Roasted Red Pepper Soup (Blender), Palmini Chicken Noodle Soup, a salad, or even Air Fryer Broccoli Tots. Even these Air Fryer Dill Pickle Chips would be a fun side to make.
Ingredients & Variations
THE BREAD: Choose any brand of bread for making this grilled cheese. Although French or Italian bread has more substance than a slice of typical white bread.
THE FILLING: A slice of cheddar cheese and slices of your favorite ham are all that is needed for this sandwich. And don’t forget that little spread of mustard to compliment the ham.
While ham and cheddar cheese go best together, feel free to swap out the ham for bacon, turkey, or chicken. Try Monterrey Jack, Gruyere, or even Havarti for a little spice! Whatever your personal preference is.
VARIATIONS: For some added twists to this grilled cheese, try adding a sliced tomato or even a thin sliced pickle!
How to Make Grilled Ham and Cheese
While the Air Fryer preheats follow these three simple steps for the best sandwiches!
- Layer cheese, ham, and mustard between two slices of bread.
- Butter the outside of each sandwich and place it in the air fryer.
- Cook (as per recipe below).
Tips & Tricks
These sandwiches can be prepared ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator until they are ready to be cooked in the air fryer. Doing this will make lunch even smoother on those busy days.
Any leftovers can be reheated in the air fryer. Preheat the air fryer to 325°F and heat the grilled sandwich for 4 minutes or until heated through. Remember to use a toothpick to hold the sandwich in place.
Also to ensure that both sides of the sandwich are toasted to a perfect golden brown, flip part way through the cooking time.
More Sandwiches in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Loose Meat Sandwiches – simple to make for dinner
- Quick & Easy KETO Mug Bread Egg Sandwich – quick and easy
- Low Carb Cuban Sandwiches – low carb for lunch or dinner
- Air Fryer Ham, Egg, and Cheese Sliders – fun to assemble
- Caprese Grilled Cheese – an elevated take on the original
Air Fryer Grilled Ham and Cheese
- 4 slices bread any kind
- 2 thick slices ham or 4 slices deli ham
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese sliced
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat air fryer to 350°F.
- Place the mustard, ham, and cheddar between two slices of bread.
- Butter the outside of each sandwich.
- Place in the air fryer and use a toothpick to hold the sandwich in place.
- Cook 4-6 minutes or until golden on the outside and melted inside.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!