Chicken burgers in the air fryer always come out tender, juicy and so flavorful!
Seasoned breadcrumbs, bacon bits, and ranch seasoning are mixed with fresh ground chicken for an unforgettable bistro-style burger everyone will love!
Air Fryer Ground Chicken Burgers
- The air fryer is perfect for making burgers with less fat and clean-up is a cinch!
- Serve chicken burgers on a salad or fold them into a lettuce wrap for a high-protein, low-carb lunch!
- Make chicken patties (or meatballs!) ahead of time and serve them all week long for quick healthy dinners and lunches.
- Have the air fryer do double duty and make air fryer french fries, sweet potato chips, and vegetables to go with your burgers.
Ingredients and Variations
CHICKEN: Lean ground chicken can be mixed with ground turkey or sausage for an extra juicy burger. Boneless skinless chicken breasts or chicken thighs can be used in this recipe to make chicken sandwiches, simply eliminate the breadcrumbs and bacon and season the chicken with the remaining ingredients.
SEASONINGS: Ranch seasoning adds tangy flavor to chicken burgers and the Worcestershire adds an umami flavor and some caramelization for color. Buy ranch seasoning or DIY it with garlic powder, onion powder, and other seasonings and have extra for dips and dressings!
VARIATIONS: Get that zesty Trader Joe’s Chili Lime Chicken Burger flavor by adding diced bell peppers, chopped cilantro, ground garlic, onion, and a splash of lime juice! Switch out the panko breadcrumbs with crushed pork rinds to lower the carbs and turn these air fryer chicken patties gluten-free.
Chicken Burger Toppings
Set up a burger bar with all toppings and condiments! Set out a basket of sliced burger buns and a plate of lettuce, tomato, pickles, and onions.
For a truly gourmet burger, offer some sliced avocado, extra slices of bacon, guacamole, blue cheese crumbles, or even a slice of roasted pineapple! Popular condiments include mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup, bbq sauce, salsa verde, chili sauce, mayo, or buffalo sauce.
How to Make Air Fryer Chicken Burgers
Easy prep and cleanup are in store here!
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well (as per the recipe below).
- Form mixture into patties and press your thumb into the center of each patty.
- Refrigerate chicken burgers for 30 minutes.
- Air fry chilled chicken burger patties in a single layer until the internal temperature on a meat thermometer reads 165°F. Serve hot.
PRO TIP: This recipe is also great for chicken meatballs!
Reheating Leftover Chicken Burgers
- Keep leftover chicken burgers in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Reheat the patties in the preheated air fryer set to 350°F until heated through, about 3-5 minutes.
- Freeze uncooked or cooked and cooled patties between squares of parchment paper for up to 3 months.
Air Fryer Chicken Burgers
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 4 pieces uncooked bacon finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Panko breadcrumbs or seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon ranch seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ½ teaspoon pepper or to taste
- 4 hambugrer buns
- lettuce, tomato, onion, condiments
- Gently mix ground chicken, Panko, bacon, Worcestershire sauce, and seasonings in a bowl.
- Form into 4 patties, ½" thick. Create a small indent in the center of the patties to ensure even cooking. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Preheat your air fryer to 350°F.
- Place patties in the air fryer basket. Cook for 6 minutes. Flip and cook an additional 6-8 minutes or until cooked through (165°F).
- Serve on buns with desired toppings.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!