Mini waffles are as much fun to make as they are to eat!
Who wouldn’t love to start the day with a plateful of crispy waffles covered in butter and maple syrup? Use your mini waffle maker to get hot and fluffy waffles in minutes! Mini waffles are so easy to freeze and reheat in minutes in the toaster for quick and effortless breakfasts or snacks.
Quick & Easy Breakfast Recipe
- Make your own mini Eggo waffles using this basic copycat recipe and your mini waffle maker!
- Make in batches and then freeze for future fast meals and snacks! Just pop frozen mini waffles in the toaster to reheat in minutes!
- Following a keto plan? Enjoy a batch of sweet breakfast chaffles or savory chaffles that can replace slices of bread or buns.
Ingredients & Variations
BATTER: Whipped egg whites make mini waffles light and fluffy! Use your favorite sugar substitute for sugar-free waffles, if desired.
ADD-INS: Mix in a little cinnamon, chopped dried fruit, granola, or even mini chocolate chips!
TOPPINGS: Anything can go on a waffle! Add fresh blueberries, sliced strawberries, and warm maple syrup for breakfast. And for dessert waffles, top them with a scoop of ice cream, chocolate, or caramel syrup and sprinkles!
How to Make Mini Waffles
This recipe is as easy as 1, 2, 3!
- Combine dry and wet ingredients in separate bowls (per the recipe below).
- Mix wet into dry ingredients and gently fold in whipped egg whites.
- Cook until golden brown.
Serve with your favorite toppings or set out an assortment of toppings and let the family have fun creating their own combinations!
Tips for Storing & Reheating
- For best results, try not to overload the batter with too many mix-ins or they won’t hold together.
- Follow the instructions with your waffle maker to ensure you are not adding too much batter and causing it to overflow!
- Keep leftovers in a zippered bag in the refrigerator and reheat in the toaster, air fryer, or toaster oven.
- Freeze leftovers between sheets of parchment paper for up to 4 weeks and reheat from frozen.
Favorite Breakfast Recipes
- Cinnamon Roll Waffles – Sweet and easy
- Vortex Air Fryer Breakfast Pizza – Cheesy and savory
- Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls – Light and luscious
- Cheesy Egg Waffles – Healthy
Homemade Mini Waffles
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ⅔ cups milk
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- 2 eggs whites and yolks separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla optional
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Combine the dry ingredients in one bowl and milk, butter, egg yolks, and vanilla in another.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients together in a large bowl until fully combined.
- In a medium bowl whip egg whites using a hand mixer until stiff peaks form. Gently fold egg whites into the waffle mixture until evenly distributed.
- Drop ⅓ cup of batter onto the preheated waffle iron and cook for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown in color.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
Recipe adapted from Spend with Pennies
REPIN this Homemade Mini Waffle Recipe
Hi! How much butter? Tks!!
Hi Silvia, this recipe uses ⅓ cup melted butter. Enjoy!
What is the quantity for butter in this recipe? It’s indicated in the instructions but not listed in the ingredients.
Hi Brooke, this recipe uses ⅓ cup melted butter. Enjoy!