Easy Cheesy Egg Waffles are the easy, healthy way to make a quick breakfast on those busy mornings or lazy weekends.
This recipe makes sweet or savory egg-based ‘waffles’ that are similar to an omelet made in a waffle maker. They’re the perfect grab-and-go and fit between two slices of toast for an easy sandwich!
Cheesy Egg Waffles
PIN IT to your BREAKFAST board for later!
Follow Everything Air Fryer and more on Pinterest for More Great Ideas!
Waffle Irons Are a Clean and Easy Way to Make Eggs
- Dash waffle makers are affordable, easy to clean, and they heat up in just seconds!
- No pots or pans or heating up the stovetop or oven. Waffle irons are perfect for egg waffles because they are so easy to use!
- Let everyone DIY their own egg waffle by offering small bowls of mix-ins and toppings!
- Make these with Perfect Air Fryer Bacon, Air Fryer Breakfast Sausage, and Air Fryer Potato Wedges.
Ingredients and Variations
EGGS: Choose large-sized eggs for a super fluffy interior and a crispy exterior. For a more protein-based egg waffle, used a container of only egg whites.
VEGGIES: Diced red bell peppers give egg waffles a little color and crunch, but get creative with other mix-ins like diced mushrooms, sliced, black olives, chopped spinach, sliced green onions, green chilis, or jalapenos.
CHOOSE YOUR CHEESES: Cheddar, mozzarella, Monterey jack, even Mexican cotija can be mixed into the egg waffle batter. The cheese adds flavor to the eggs and makes the outside extra crispy!
SEASONINGS: Stir in a seasoning blend like taco, chili, Cajun, or keep it simple with just salt and pepper. Or, whisk in a splash of hot sauce or salsa.
TOPPINGS: Just like any omelet, egg waffles are delish with a scoop of sour cream, guacamole, or salsa.
How to Make Eggs in a Waffle Maker
Whip up these eggs without much effort!
- Whisk ingredients in a bowl and pour into a preheated waffle iron.
- Cook until the waffle is crispy on the outside. (As per recipe below)
- Serve immediately.
Be sure to keep waffles warm in a preheated oven.
How to Store Egg Waffles
For best results, store egg waffles between sheets of parchment paper in a zippered bag in the refrigerator up to 3 days. Simply reheat them by popping them in the toaster. Freeze them between sheets of parchment paper in a zippered bag with the date labeled on the outside and they’ll keep about 4 weeks. They can be reheated from frozen in the toaster!
Easy Breakfast Recipes
- Air Fryer Low Carb Breakfast Biscuits – perfect to take along!
- Air Fryer Easy Low Carb Breakfast Quiche – tasty and fresh
- Super Easy Air Fryer Granola Recipe – quick to make
- Berry Smoothie – a healthy drink option
- Cinnamon Roll Waffles – 2 ingredient recipe!
Cheesy Egg Waffles
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon bacon bits
- 1 tablespoon red pepper minced
- ¼ cup shredded cheese
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Preheat waffle iron to 350°F.
- Whisk eggs in a bowl and mix in toppings and seasonings.
- Add a ladle full to each waffle mold and cook for 5 minutes.