Make homemade sausage patties in the air fryer for the best hearty breakfast!
Everyone will love these air fryer sausage patties, and they are so easy to make. Ground pork is seasoned with savory spices and then air fried to plump perfection every time! Preservative-free and with less fat than ordinary premade sausage, homemade sausage patties have excellent home-cooked flavor.
Easy Homemade Sausage Patties
- The air fryer makes homemade sausage patties that are browned and crispy on the outside and loaded with a balanced selection of Italian spices that can be adjusted to taste. And that aroma! Yes, please!
- These are great for batch cooking. Serve them all week for quick breakfasts and grab-and-go biscuit sandwiches that make for energizing workday lunches!
- Fresh pork is leaner than store-bought sausages or bacon and has a naturally mild, fatty flavor. This recipe is so versatile and can be used in casseroles, soups, or added to your favorite meat sauce or marinara!
Ingredients & Variations
PORK: Pork is inexpensive and easy to cook. The finer the grind, the better. Buy in bulk and freeze or make patties in batches and freeze them.
SEASONINGS: Sage and fennel seeds create that signature flavor! Adjust the other seasonings to taste. A dash of red pepper flakes, diced jalapenos, or sneak in some diced zucchini or cauliflower rice for those picky eaters!
How to Cook Sausage Patties in the Air Fryer
It’s easy to cook breakfast sausages from scratch!
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Divide seasoned meat into 6 portions and shape it into patties.
- Air fry in a single layer (per recipe below), flipping halfway through.
Check the internal temperature for 160°F for doneness. Patties should be lightly browned and crispy on the edges.
Tips for Juicy & Delicious Patties
- Lightly shape the patties instead of pressing down so they retain more air and don’t become dense and flat.
- Place a coffee filter on the bottom of the air fryer (below the basket or tray) to absorb grease.
- Serve with egg bites, or switch out the ham for sausage patties in these breakfast biscuits. Or add sausage patty crumbles to this fun recipe for a breakfast pizza.
- Keep leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days and freeze for up to 6 months. Reheat from fresh or frozen in the air fryer.
Best Air Fryer Sausage Recipes
- Best Air Fryer Italian Sausage – quick and easy
- Air Fryer Mixed Vegetables – with sausage and ravioli
- Easy Air Fryer Smoked Sausage – just two ingredients
- Air Fryer Sausage, Peppers, and Onions – a family favorite
Air Fryer Sausage Patties
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon fennel seeds slightly crushed
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon sage
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ⅛ teaspoon thyme leaves
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Mix pork and seasonings in a medium bowl until fully combined. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Divide meat into 6 patties about ½ inch thick. Place in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 5 minutes, flip the patties and cook them for another 4-5 minutes or until they reach 160°F internally.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
REPIN this Sausage Patties in the Air Fryer Recipe