For breakfast or a quick snack, warm, toasted bagels in the air fryer are simple and delicious!
Everyone loves a crunchy, golden brown bagel slathered with butter and jam! With just two ingredients, what’s not to love?
The air fryer makes any ordinary bagel taste like it’s fresh from a NY deli!
Easy Way to Toast Bagels
- Simplify! Keep kitchen clutter to a minimum with an air fryer. Once you know how to toast in the air fryer, you can ditch the toaster and have another space and time-saving option!
- Quick breakfast! The air fryer heats up fast and toasts bagels in no time. Plus, you can add all your favorite toppings right at the same time, like diced garlic, or parmesan cheese.
- Bagels are the best for breakfast or brunch. Serve with an egg quiche and some bacon with a pitcher of berry smoothies made with yogurt on the side.
Only 2 Ingredients
Bagels – Use your favorite bakery or grocery store bagels. Better yet, use homemade air fryer bagels made from scratch! The air fryer gives all of them the same golden brown crunch! Or substitute sliced bread and make Texas toast.
Butter – Butter makes everything taste better! For extra richness and fluff, mix butter with softened cream cheese with a hand mixer. Then slather it on and give it a drizzle of honey or maple syrup for the next level of delish!
Once the buttered air fryer bagel is done, give it some other yummy toppings like everything bagel seasoning, or a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar or bacon. For quick snacks, turn mini bagels into air fryer pizza bites!
How to Make Bagels in the Air Fryer
- Preheat the air fryer and slice the bagels in half.
- In the air fryer basket, place the bagels cut side up.
- Toast (per the recipe below) until golden brown.
- Spread with butter and enjoy!
Tips & Tricks
- With this intro guide to air fryers, you can learn how to cook anything using this handy kitchen tool!
- For best results with toasting bagels in the air fryer, preheat to 400°F for 3-5 minutes, then adjust the temperature when you add the bagels.
- To prevent sticking, spread a light coating of coconut or peanut oil on the bottom of the air fryer basket.
Toasting Bagels in the Air Fryer
- 1 bagel
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat the Air Fryer to 400°F.
- Slice the bagel in half horizontally. Place in air fryer basket cut side up.
- Air fry at 380℉ for 3-5 minutes until golden brown and crisp, or to your desired doneness.
- Spread with butter or your favorite toppings while warm.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!