French toast waffles are a breakfast treat worth making!
Combine fragrant French toast and crispy waffles into one delicious breakfast you can make in minutes in the waffle iron.
No preheating a pan on the stove or flipping is needed!
Flavorful French Toast Waffles
- Get deliciously light and crisp waffles with a few ingredients you likely already have without even leaving the house!
- Multi-purpose! Enjoy French toast waffles for breakfast, brunch, or a sweet treat with ice cream or caramel sauce!!
- Make ahead convenience! Make a whole batch of French toast waffles and keep them in the refrigerator to pop in the toaster for breakfast all week long!
Ingredients and Variations
Bread – Dense bread like brioche, challah, or a baguette will soak up the sweet, creamy batter. Use thick slices of bread for a more Belgian-style waffle, simply add extra cooking time. Leftover cinnamon rolls can also be sliced into layers for French toast waffles!
Batter – Use half-and-half or cream for a thicker batter. Feel free to add a dash of ground nutmeg, ginger, or allspice to the cinnamon and brown sugar for an extra aromatic and flavorful French toast! Lower the sugar or use an alternative for fewer calories without compromising the taste.
Variations – Use the air fryer to bake a batch of peach bread instead of plain bread and then serve with fresh peaches! Even leftover pancakes can be cooked in a waffle iron.
How to Make French Toast Waffles
- Whisk the batter ingredients in a bowl.
- Dip both sides of the bread into the batter.
- Cook in a preheated waffle iron until browned and crispy.
Serve hot with butter and maple syrup.
Tips and Tricks
- For extra crispy waffles, separate the egg whites from the yolks and beat them until stiff peaks form. Then, fold the beaten egg whites into the waffle batter.
- Keep leftover French toast waffles in a covered container for up to 4 days or freeze them in a zippered bag for up to two months. For best results, reheat frozen slices in the air fryer or in the toaster.
French Toast Waffles
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 slices bread
- Preheat the waffle iron and coat with cooking spray.
- In a shallow bowl whisk the eggs. Add the milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and brown sugar, and whisk until fully mixed.
- Dip one slice of bread at a time into the egg mixture coating it on both sides.
- Place in the waffle iron and cook for 2-4 minutes or until it is golden brown.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!