Try this recipe for Microwave Scrambled Eggs for a quick 2-minute breakfast!
This easy recipe goes from counter to plate in under 5 minutes. Microwave eggs come out fluffy and steaming hot, ready to pair with toast and bacon or to have for a quick keto breakfast on the go. Perfect, creamy scrambled eggs cook up in no time with no muss, no fuss.
Microwave Scrambled Eggs
PIN IT to your BREAKFAST board for later!
Follow Everything Air Fryer and more on Pinterest for More Great Ideas!
Best Microwave Eggs
- There are so many things to love about microwave scrambled eggs. This basic recipe is ready in under 5 minutes for a quick, healthy, and high-protein breakfast that tastes really good!
- One bowl is all it takes. No need to dirty up a frying pan, eggs can cook right in the bowl they were mixed in! Mix individual portions in a bowl and no serving plate will be needed, either. It’s the best breakfast for one.
- It’s so simple to make breakfast sandwiches with microwave scrambled eggs. Eggs will look like they are going to explode while cooking as they puff up. But if they aren’t stirred while cooking in a round bowl, they settle right down into a perfectly shaped disc, ideal for Vortex Air Fryer Ham, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Biscuits or some Quick & Easy KETO Mug Bread Egg Sandwiches.
Ingredients & Variations
DAIRY Milk and butter are what make microwave scrambled eggs so creamy and delicious. But feel free to substitute unsweetened dairy-free milk or butter, or just use water if desired. For a cheesy version, add in ¼ cup of shredded cheddar cheese, or any variety that the chef desires!
EGGS Farm fresh eggs, organic, free-range eggs, or Omega 3 eggs have the most nutrition, but whatever type is on hand will taste good in this recipe. Even egg whites can be cooked in the microwave using this method. Be aware that large and extra-large eggs may take a bit longer to cook, and mini eggs may take less time.
SEASONING Salt & pepper goes with scrambled eggs, there’s no doubt about it. But a sprinkle of Mrs. Dash or even some garlic or onion powder would taste good, too. Try some chili flakes or smoked paprika. Experiment, but don’t overdo it. A little goes a long way!
How to Make Scrambled Eggs in Microwave
It’s doesn’t get much easier than this incredibly simple and quick breakfast. 3 easy steps and breakfast is served!
- Whisk all ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Add in the butter.
- Microwave in increments, stirring in between (per recipe below) until eggs are cooked.
Tips for Fluffy Eggs
- Salt and butter mixed in with eggs make them taste creamy and fluffy. If possible don’t skip the salt.
- Cook in increments of 15 seconds, stirring with a fork in between each round.
- For a disc-shaped egg that is perfect on a breakfast sandwich with some Perfect Air Fryer Bacon, or some Air Fryer Breakfast Sausage, skip the stirring step. Instead, grease a ramekin or microwave-safe bowl with butter, and whip one egg per container. Quarter the recipe below, and cook egg for 1 minute, without stirring.
- Leftovers will keep in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
- To reheat microwave scrambled eggs, simply place them in the microwave for 10-15 seconds until steaming hot. They won’t be as fluffy, but they will still taste good.
More Egg Recipes
- Instant Pot Egg Salad – Creamy and filling!
- Vortex Air Fryer Ham, Egg, & Cheese Hot Pockets – hard to resist cheesy pockets.
- Vortex Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs– A simple one for the air fryer.
- Hard Boiled Eggs In An Instant Pot – An easy way to make hard-boiled eggs.
Microwave Scrambled Eggs
- 4 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk the eggs, milk, and seasoning together in a bowl. Once whisked add in the butter.
- Microwave the eggs in 15-second intervals, stirring the eggs after every round until they are cooked.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!