Move over, avocado toast, and make room for this baked avocado egg recipe!
Baked avocado eggs are low in calories and high in protein! This recipe makes a delicious one-and-done meal you only need a spoon to enjoy!
Made in the air fryer, it’s quick and easy to prepare too.
Air Fryer Baked Avocado Egg
- Easy breakfast! This avocado egg bake recipe is great to make on busy mornings when you need to make energizing breakfasts with no carbs, that everyone will love!
- Keto friendly! The air fryer is a keto lover’s dream! Make avocado boats any time of day for a quick boost of protein and nutrition!
- Get creative! There are so many ways to mix and match ingredients for baked avocado eggs! They can be a new recipe every time.
Ingredients and Variations
Avocado – Choose large avocados that are clean and free of bruises. They should slightly yield when pressed. If they aren’t quite soft enough, microwave them at 30-second intervals until they’re soft, rolling them on the counter between intervals.
Eggs – Any eggs will do, even a pre-made scrambled egg mix or egg whites only.
Check eggs for freshness by dropping each one into a glass of water. If they float, toss them, but if they sink or tip to one side, they are still fresh!
Bacon – Use store-bought bacon bits or make your own in the air fryer and save strips to use all week long. Leftover ground beef, pork, turkey, or shredded chicken will amp up the protein and flavor of avocado eggs!
Variations – Feel free to add leftover bits of veggies, any kind of cheese, or even leftover beans. Add tasty seasonings like taco, chili, Italian, or everything bagel seasoning.
How to Make a Baked Avocado Egg
- Scoop a little flesh from each half of the avocado and set aside.
- Crack an egg in each half and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook in a preheated Air Fryer until the yolk is set. Top with bacon and serve hot.
For Soft Eggs: 8 minutes
For Medium Eggs: 10 minutes
For Hard Eggs: 12 minutes.
When making baked avocado eggs for a crowd, keep them warm in the oven until ready to serve.
Scramble the eggs halfway through cooking, then mash or whip the extra avocado and stir it in for super creamy eggs!
Tips for the Best Avocado Egg Bake
- Always preheat the air fryer before baking avocado eggs to quickly seal in flavors!
- Allow for some space between the avocado eggs so the air fryer can circulate around the food, ensuring even cooking.
- Make stands for the avocados by crumpling up a bit of aluminum foil to help keep them upright.
- Bake up to a day ahead and reheat in the air fryer or microwave oven if at work or school!
Air Fryer Baked Avocado Eggs
- 1 avocado halved and pitted
- 2 large eggs
- salt and ground black pepper as needed
- 2 slices cooked bacon crumbled
- Turn on the air fryer and select “Air Roast” mode at 375°F.
- Carefully scoop out about 2 teaspoons of flesh from each avocado half and set aside.
- Crack 1 egg in each avocado half and sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
- Once the air fryer is preheated, line the air fryer with a lightly greased piece of foil.
- Arrange avocado halves into the air fryer and cook for 10 minutes or until the yolk is set to desired doneness. Top each avocado half with bacon pieces and serve.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!