Air fryer hot dogs are a comfort food classic for kids and grown-ups alike. Eat ‘em simple and plain or dress ‘em up!
This hot dogs in the air fryer recipe will be your new favorite way to get plump and juicy hot dogs in less than half the time it takes to boil them!
Even the kids (or the babysitter!) can make these in minutes!
Air Fryer Hot Dogs
- Use your Ninja Air Fryer to make super-fast hot dogs that are ready for last-minute easy dinners, sleepovers, and playdates!
- No need to turn on the grill in this easy recipe.
- Side dishes are a cinch! Serve ‘em with crispy garlic parmesan fries or some air fryer peaches, or pineapple.
- Create a hot dog bar and set out bowls of toppings and condiments so guests can help themselves. Set out plain or toasted buns or fancy kaiser roll buns for fancy, bacon-wrapped LA Street Dogs. Yum!
Hot Dogs – Beef or pork hot dogs are fine. Even vegetarian or plant-based dogs will work! Frozen dogs can be cooked in the air fryer by simply adding a few extra minutes to the cook time!
Buns – Choose buns that are as long as the hot dog. They can be used as-is or toasted by laying them open in the air fryer basket and air frying for a couple of minutes. Or if only making a few hot dogs, put the cooked hot dog inside each bun and place it in the air fryer, and cook until golden.
And serve them with air fryer tater tots, french fries, potato salad, baked beans, or a side of fresh veggies.
Toppings for Hot Dogs
Anything goes on hot dogs, right? Besides your favorite condiments like ketchup, mustard, onions, bbq sauce, and relish, top air fryer hot dogs with your favorite toppings from pickled red onions, jalapenos, pickles to sauerkraut. Or turn them into chili cheese dogs with some zesty homemade chili. Top with cheddar cheese to make them perfect for game day!
How to Make Air Fryer Hot Dogs
- Use a sharp knife to make shallow cuts on each hot dog to keep them from bursting while they cook.
- Place them in a single layer in the air fryer basket or tray.
- Cook (as per recipe below) flipping them halfway.
Leftovers? Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Air Fryer Hot Dogs
- 4 hot dogs
- 4 hot dog buns optional
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
- Make a few shallow cuts on each hot dog to prevent them from bursting. Place in the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 4-6 minutes, until the hot dogs are heated through and starting to brown, flipping halfway.
- To toast the buns, place a cooked hot dog into each bun and place back in the air fryer basket. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes until the buns are golden.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!