These air fryer turkey burgers cook up juicy and tender every time!
This simple and savory recipe has easy ingredients like ground turkey and simple seasonings with breadcrumbs and some bbq sauce. The air fryer cooks these patties to perfection, and quicker than in the oven!
Best Way to Cook Turkey Burgers!
- Quick to prep and fast to cook, the air fryer does it again with this easy recipe!
- Perfect for a quick and tasty weeknight dinner, air fryer turkey burgers taste great with all the fixings.
- Make ahead and freeze for future meals; these can even be cooked from frozen.
- This versatile recipe can easily be made into sliders or meatballs, or leftovers can be chopped and added to meat sauce in place of ground beef. So many options!
Ingredients and Variations
Ground Turkey – Use 1 pound of fresh Butterball ground turkey or any other preferred brand. Or double the recipe and make an extra batch to enjoy in wraps, and sandwiches, or to slice and top onto salads all week long. Ground chicken can be substituted without affecting the flavor of the recipe.
Breadcrumbs – Seasoned breadcrumbs are called for. It’s easy to DIY, just add a tablespoon or two of Italian seasoning to ordinary breadcrumbs or Panko. For a gluten-free option, substitute gluten free breadcrumbs or even some almond meal.
Seasonings – Simple and savory seasoning makes air fryer turkey burgers taste the best! Salt & pepper, minced onion, Worcestershire sauce, and BBQ sauce are all that’s needed to make juicy and delicious patties.
Extras – Top with sliced tomatoes, pickles, lettuce, and cheese, and add all the classic burger fixings. Or get creative and make Mexican-style burgers with salsa, Cotija cheese, and sliced avocado. Brush burgers with Chipotle instead of BBQ sauce for some heat. Or go for Greek, and add feta cheese, cucumbers, and tomatoes with a sprinkle of Greek seasoning on top! Serve with a side of curly fries, sweet potato chips, and a crispy salad.
How to Make Air Fryer Turkey Burgers
It won’t take long to prep these tasty patties!
- Combine all ingredients with 1 tablespoon of BBQ sauce (as per the recipe below).
- Form into 1/2-inch patties.
- Brush with remaining barbecue sauce and air fry, flipping once after 6 minutes.
- Preheat air fryer to 375ºF.
- Air fry patties for 15 minutes, flipping once after 6 minutes. (Air fryers can vary by make and model, so check the manual for the best results).
Make sure patties reach an internal temp of 165º F.
Press an indent into the center of each burger before cooking to prevent them from puffing up in the middle.
Do You Need to Flip Burgers in an Air Fryer?
Whether you are cooking fresh or frozen patties, flip them after approximately 6 minutes. Be sure to preheat the air fryer, and remember to check them often.
How Long Do You Cook Turkey Burgers in the Air Fryer?
Air fryers may be calibrated differently depending on make and model, so check turkey burgers early on to prevent overcooking or burning.
In general, if cooking fresh turkey burgers, allow 11-14 minutes. Frozen patties will take approximately 15 minutes. As with fresh patties, flip them after 6 minutes.
Storing Turkey Burgers
- Store cooked air fryer turkey burgers in an airtight container in the refrigerator at 40ºF or less and use within 3-4 days.
- Freeze cooked patties in a single layer in a freezer container or zippered bag. For best quality, consume within 6 months.
What to Serve with Turkey Burgers
Air Fryer Turkey Burgers
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper or to taste
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce divided
- 4 hamburger buns
- lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, onions
- Preheat air fryer to 350°F.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl except barbecue sauce in a bowl.
- Divide the mixture into four ½" thick patties and place in the air fryer in a single layer.
- Brush the turkey burgers with half of the barbecue sauce. Cook for 6 minutes. Flip burgers and brush with remaining barbecue sauce. Return to air fryer and cook for an additional 5-8 minutes until burgers have reached 165°F.
- Serve on buns with desired toppings.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!