Air fryer apples are a sweet and cozy treat for autumn!
Air fryer baked apples are cut in half, brushed with melted butter and cinnamon sugar, topped with an oat crumble, and then air-fried until they are tender!
This might be the easiest fall-inspired dessert!
Best Air Fryer Baked Apples
- Adaptable! Cook air fryer baked apples and add a scoop of cooked oatmeal in the center for a fun and nutritious breakfast or as a decadent dessert with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. Add a drizzle of caramel sauce or maple syrup.
- Baked apples are a warm & wholesome, healthy treat when the gang’s all over for movie night and so much easier and faster to make than an apple pie!
- If you’re new to the air fryer life, baked apples are an easy, foolproof recipe to start with! So many apples and so many ways to use them! Take advantage of apple season and try making apple chips, and apple hand pies.
Ingredients and Variations
Apples – Any variety will make a tender crisp baked apple, but firmer apples like Gala, Fuji, Honeycrisp, or Granny Smith will hold up better. No need to peel apples, but do be sure to wash them thoroughly to remove the wax they are shipped to the market in (if you aren’t going apple-picking, that is)!
Toppings – Brown sugar, oats, pecans, and some seasoning are all you need to make sweet, savory, and fragrant baked apples! Any nuts will do, or if nut allergies are a concern, omit the nuts and use your favorite granola for that crunchy texture!
Variations – Up the flavor profile and add some pumpkin pie spice or apple pie spice. Toasted coconut, dried fruits, mini chocolate chips, or butterscotch chips are fun extras, too!
How to Make Air Fryer Baked Apples
Most air fryers have a dehydration function built in which creates hot and dry air that cooks food from the outside in without using excess oils and fats while preserving flavor!
- Slice apples in half vertically and use a cookie scoop to gently scoop out the core and seeds to form a shell.
- Brush cut areas with melted butter and sprinkle on sugar and cinnamon.
- Cook apples in the air fryer. While apples are baking, fully combine all of the topping ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the topping to the apples and bake until the topping is browned and the apples are tender.
Serve hot with ice cream, whipped cream, or desired sauces.
Storing Baked Apples
Air fryer baked apples can be cooked and stored in the refrigerator to enjoy hot or cold all week long! Leftovers can be refrigerated for up to 4 days and can be sliced and reheated and served over pancakes or waffles or even added to a smoothie!
Air Fryer Baked Apples
- 2 medium apples
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup butter
- Preheat the air fryer to 350°F.
- Cut the apples in half from top to bottom and use a spoon to scoop out the core/seeds and make a shell.
- Brush the melted butter over the cut apples. Combine the white sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the apples.
- Place them in the air fryer basket and cook for 10-12 minutes* (see note).
- While the apples are cooking combine the topping ingredients and mix until fully combined.
- Open the air fryer and add the topping to the apples, bake an additional 5-6 minutes or until the topping browned and the apples are tender.
- Serve with ice cream.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!