Air fryer apple chips are easy to make and fun to snack on!
No one can resist fragrant cinnamon sugar-coated apple chips in the air fryer!
Ready in under 15 minutes, these apple chips are a quick and easy snack.
Amazing Air Fryer Apple Chips
- Healthy, wholesome apple slices are a great snack that’s ready in an instant as an after-school, midday, or post-workout, guilt-free treat!
- Simple to slice, toss, and air fry slices to crispy perfection!
- Tasty topper! Add them to oatmeal, yogurt, or as a topping on pancakes or waffles!
Ingredients and Variations
Apples – Any variety works for baked apple chips but the best varieties to use are Honeycrisp, Gala, Fuji, Granny Smith, and Jonagold. Choose unbruised apples with intact skins.
How to Make Air Fryer Apple Chips
Many air fryers like the Ninja have dehydration settings, but for this recipe, just turn on the power and preheat to 320°F
- Peel and slice apples (per recipe below).
- Whisk the sugar, cinnamon, and salt together in a bowl.
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar over the apples on both sides and air fry them in a single layer flipping them halfway through.
Let them cool entirely before enjoying them!
How to Store
Keep leftover air-fried apple chips in a zippered bag in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Re-crisp small portions in the air fryer or place a whole batch on a sheet pan in the oven under the broiler. A quick spray of pan release and a fresh sprinkle of cinnamon sugar will perk them back up!
Tips for Success
- If the cinnamon sugar won’t stick to the apples, pat them dry with a clean paper towel to remove some of the moisture.
- Be sure to cut the apple slices into even slices so they cook uniformly. To make even slices try using a mandoline!
- Set out an assortment of your favorite dips to make an apple chip bar to satisfy everyone’s cravings!
Air Fryer Apple Chips
- 1 apple peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch salt
- Preheat air fryer to 320°F.
- Slice the apple horizontally ⅛" thick. Remove any seeds.
- In a small bowl mix together the cinnamon, sugar, and salt. Sprinkle the mixture over both sides of the apple slices.
- Spread the apples out in an even layer in the air fryer basket, trying not to overlap.
- Cook for about 10-12 minutes or until the apples are just starting to brown, flipping often. Allow to cool completely before enjoying!
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!