Air fryer pumpkin seeds make the best crispy and crunchy healthy Halloween snack!
Roasting pumpkin seeds in the air fryer is the best way to get crispy, crunchy pumpkin seeds in just a few minutes!
Easy Air Fryer Pumpkin Seeds
- Easy & healthy! Powerful Ninja, Nuwave, or Cuisinart air fryers cook with little to no fat and in less time than other methods!
- Quick & simple! It doesn’t take long to get tasty pumpkin seeds using the air fryer instead of the oven, and it’s also a more kid-friendly method!
- Adaptable toppings or add-ins for so many variations!
- Toasted pumpkin seeds are a nutritious, portable power snack that everyone loves! Enjoy them on their own add them to homemade granola or use them instead of croutons on a salad or in soup.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Pumpkin Seeds
Pumpkin Seeds – Be sure to thoroughly rinse the pulp from the seeds before using and discard any seeds that are too small to eat.
Seasonings – Coconut, avocado, or vegetable oil are more budget-friendly options than olive oil. Leftover melted bacon grease will add a smoky, bacon flavor, if desired.
Sweet & Savory Seasonings
Sweet – Toss pumpkin seeds in butter and cinnamon sugar for a sweet treat. Or season with pumpkin pie spice or apple pie spice for a seasonal twist!
How to Make Air Fryer Pumpkin Seeds
- Rinse pumpkin seeds and pat them dry with a clean paper towel (as per the recipe below).
- Toss pumpkin seeds with oil and salt and place them in an even layer in the Air Fryer.
- Cook until golden brown, shaking the basket halfway through.
Eat pumpkin seeds with or without the shell, similar to sunflower seeds, depending on how soft the shell is.
Storing Pumpkin Seeds
Pumpkin seeds should be stored in an airtight container in a cool, dry place. The pumpkin seeds will stay fresh this way for about 3-4 months. Or freeze them in zippered bags for up to a year.
Air Fryer Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- Preheat air fryer to 350℉.
- Rinse pumpkin seeds well to remove any remaining pulp. Pat dry with a paper towel.
- In a small bowl toss together pumpkin seeds, olive oil, and salt.
- Spread pumpkin seeds in an even layer in the air fryer basket.
- Air fry for 5 minutes. Stir, and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes or until golden.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!