Air fryer beef jerky is ready in less time than a dehydrator takes, and it’s loaded with flavor!
Don’t own a dehydrator? No problem! Make homemade beef jerky in the air fryer in less time. Chewy, savory-flavored beef jerky is a high-protein, on-the-go snack that everyone loves. It’s a great way to preserve meat, too!
Easy Air Fryer Beef Jerky
- The air fryer does in less than 2 hours what a dehydrator or oven does in hours! Each piece comes out perfectly dried and infused with flavor.
- For low-carb and keto followers, beef jerky makes for a quick burst of protein post-workout or anytime you need an energizing snack! Just leave the brown sugar and any non-keto ingredients out.
- This recipe can be modified using different spices to make sweet or savory jerky.
Ingredients & Variations
BEEF: For the best beef jerky, use round, flank, or skirt steak. These cuts are loaded with flavor and are lean and affordable. Freezing the beef before slicing firms up the meat for easier and more uniform slicing.
SEASONINGS: Great-tasting beef jerky is all about the seasonings! This recipe is made from ingredients that are probably already in the pantry. For a spicy kick, add some red chili flakes and for a sweeter jerky, mix in a little honey or maple syrup. If time is short, simply marinate the steak strips in store-bought teriyaki or hoisin sauce.
How to Make Beef Jerky in the Air Fryer
- Prepare the marinade (as per recipe below) and add steak strips to the bowl. Cover and marinate for at least an hour or overnight.
- Arrange the strips in the air fryer (it’s okay if they overlap slightly, just avoid stacking them).
- Set the air fryer power to dehydrate for 60 -90 minutes.
Storing Beef Jerky
Store leftover air fryer beef jerky in an airtight container for up to a month, or in a zippered bag in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
More Beef Recipes
- Instant Pot Beef Brisket – Tender and juicy
- Air Fryer Ground Beef – Simple
- Instant Pot Beef Stew Made with Leftover Steak – Easy
- Air Fryer Loose Meat Sandwiches – Hearty
Air Fryer Beef Jerky
- 1 pound inside round steak cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke optional
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Freeze the steak for 30 minutes until it is firm. Once firm slice as thinly as possible.
- Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl, add the strips to the bowl and mix well ensuring the meat is evenly coated.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least one hour or overnight.
- Arrange the meat strips on the racks. You can overlap a little but don't stack them.
- Select "Dehydrate" and set the temperature to 130°F on your Air Fryer.
- If you overlap make sure to move them around after 30 minutes. Dehydrate for 60-90 minutes until meat is dried through.
- Store in an airtight container or resealable bags.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!