These tasty two-bite breakfast sliders are perfect on busy mornings when you don’t have time to sit down for a proper meal.
Power up the day with these egg, ham, and cheese sandwiches layered in sweet Hawaiian rolls and made ready just in time to head out for school or work!
The Best Breakfast Sliders!
- White Castle started introducing frozen sliders back in the day but the trend lives on and now home cooks can make sliders in no time in the air fryer!
- No need to turn on the oven to bake sliders when these can be made in minutes using the air fryer!
- Versatile and grab-and-go, kids can enjoy hearty breakfast sliders not just for brunch, but as an afterschool snack or a fun picnic treat! Sneak in a few spinach leaves or shredded zucchini for a veggie boost.
- Breakfast sandwiches are great for healthy appetites, delicious, and kid-size friendly, but hearty enough for grown-ups too!
Ingredients and Variations
Eggs – Large eggs are used in this recipe, but you can use a carton of pre-mixed eggs or all egg whites as well. Egg substitutes and slices of tofu or seitan are good sources of protein as well.
Ham – Use any deli-sliced ham or cooked bacon, or sausage patties. Plant-based meat products will also work as long as they are pre-cooked.
Cheese – Cheddar cheese is most common because of its sharper flavor, but any sliced cheese will do. Thinner slices and shredded cheeses will melt faster.
Rolls – Hawaiian rolls are sweet, light, and fluffy. Leftover dinner rolls, slider buns, biscuits, Texas toast, or garlic bread are also good choices. Use a bagel to make a breakfast sammie and then cut it into bite-sized pieces if that’s what’s on hand.
Topping – A savory, buttery topping with everything bagel seasoning adds flavor and browns the cheese breakfast sliders beautifully. Try a light brushing of maple syrup or a butter and dijon mustard combo. Sprinkle on salt, poppyseeds, or parmesan cheese, for a new flavor every time.
Variations – Switch up the ingredients to suit your tastes or use what’s on hand. For example, if you’re vegetarian, you can use a vegetarian breakfast sausage or skip the meat altogether and add some sautéed mushrooms instead.
How to Make Breakfast Sliders
These come together fast so make sure you’ve got all the ingredients ready!
- Cook eggs in the microwave until firm as per recipe directions below.
- Cut the rolls in half horizontally and layer on the ham and cheese onto bottom rolls. Scoop the eggs onto the sandwich with a spatula. Cover with the top of the rolls and brush the butter on top of the rolls.
- Cook in the air fryer until the cheese is melted. Serve hot.
Can You Make Ahead?
Cook and serve today or make in advance and keep them in the fridge for up to 4 days or store them in the freezer wrapped in plastic wrap for up to 1 month.
What to Serve With Hawaiian Roll Breakfast Sliders
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 6 Hawaiian rolls half pack
- 3 large slices ham cut in half
- 3 slices cheese American, Swiss, etc.
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 tablespoon everything bagel seasoning
- In a microwave-safe bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper.
- Microwave the egg mixture in 45-second increments, stirring after each time, until firm but still moist. This should take about 2 1/2 minutes total.
- On the bottom half of each roll, add a folded slice of ham. Top with scrambled eggs and cheese, and cover with the top half of the rolls.
- In a small bowl, mix melted butter and everything bagel seasoning. Brush over the rolls.
- Place the rolls in the basket of an air fryer and cook at 300°F for 5-8 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the tops are golden.
- Serve while hot.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!