Air Fryer Mushrooms are a delicious and easy-to-make side dish!
Mushrooms and the air fryer are the perfect cooking combination! Make this quick and easy appetizer or side dish using whole white or cremini mushrooms, a little garlic, and a dash of soy sauce. Just air fry and serve hot or cold.
Air Fryer Mushrooms
PIN IT to your SIDE DISHES board for later!
Follow Everything Air Fryer and more on Pinterest for More Great Ideas!
Best Fried Mushrooms
- Homemade fried mushrooms are a savory treat that pairs with anything. Keep this recipe on hand for instant low-carb mushrooms that are ready in minutes with minimal clean-up!
- Mushrooms have an earthy, mildly buttery flavor and because of their spongy texture, they are quick to absorb the flavors of the other ingredients in recipes!
- Mild-flavored mushrooms are an affordable and healthy way to add bulk to nearly any recipe!
- Choose any variety of mushrooms for an elegant appetizer platter or to top burgers, and omelets, or to use as a vegetarian meat substitute in casseroles!
Ingredients & Variations
MUSHROOMS: All mushrooms have the same texture, but they don’t all taste the same. Brush any debris away with a vegetable brush, especially underneath the caps where the gills are located. If they must be rinsed, dry them out quickly using a salad spinner. Wait until they are completely dry so they soak up the seasonings better.
Any variety can be used by following this easy prep guide:
Button mushrooms, cremini (AKA baby bellas), shiitake: Brush away dirt from mushrooms and leave stems intact or remove if desired. PRO TIP: Freeze mushroom stems to add to future recipes.
Oyster mushrooms: Oyster mushrooms are often sold in bunches with the caps attached to larger stems in a shelf-like pattern. Cut the caps away from the stems and brush away debris before cooking.
Morel mushrooms: Remove the tough bottom of the stem and then slice each one in half vertically. Place the halves in a bowl of clean, salted water to drive out insect larvae. Rinse and place on clean paper towels to dry or run them through a salad spinner.
Portobello mushrooms: These are the large, meaty mushrooms that are often used as a substitute for meat or hamburger patties. Clean as directed above and then slice into ¼” pieces before using.
How to Cook Mushrooms in Air Fryer
It doesn’t get much easier than this. Just 2 simple steps and they are ready to serve!
- Toss all ingredients in a bowl
- Roast in the air fryer until cooked through (per the recipe below).
PRO TIP: Garnish with freshly chopped parsley.
Other Ways to Use Air Fryer Mushrooms
Try mixing them into your favorite soup recipe like this easy cheesy potato soup, serve as a topping on your favorite pizza, or pile them high on a toasted crostini for an easy and delicious appetizer!
Tips to Reheat
Store air fryer mushrooms in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze.
For best results, reheat in the air fryer until heated through or reheat in a dry pan, flipping constantly until heated through. Reheat from frozen directly in the air fryer by adding a few minutes to the cooking time.
Dishes for Adding Mushrooms
- Air Fryer Breakfast Pizza With Biscuit Crust – Fast and easy
- Air Fryer Mini Egg, Ham, and Cheese Quiche – A cheesy start to the day
- Microwave Scrambled Eggs – So quick
- Air Fryer Pizza Rolls – So cheesy
Air Fryer Mushrooms
- 8 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
- Toss mushrooms with soy sauce, garlic, and seasonings in a large bowl.
- Place in the air fryer basket and cook for 6-8 minutes shaking the basket halfway through.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator or freeze.
- To reheat, air fry until heated through or reheat in a dry pan, flipping constantly until heated through.