Air fryer roast chicken is super easy to make!
Air fryer roasted chicken always comes out so juicy and tender with a crispy skin that’s infused with flavor. Making a chicken dinner has never been simpler. Plus, with just 3 basic ingredients and an air fryer, anyone can pull a Sunday dinner together in practically no time at all.
The Best Roasted Whole Chicken
- Air frying is the best way to cook a whole chicken because it cooks so quickly and cleanup is a cinch! In less than an hour, you can have fresh, rotisserie-style roasted chicken without heating up the oven!
- Just a little oil and chicken seasoning are all it takes for that fried chicken flavor with less fat in less time!
- This is a perfect recipe for last-minute company or to use as weekly meal prep for salads, sandwiches, and wraps all week long!
Ingredients & Variations
CHICKEN: Choose fresh, clean birds with intact skin and weigh about 3 to 4 pounds. Remove the neck or giblets (if in the cavity) to save for future recipes or soup stock.
SEASONINGS: Chicken seasoning or seasoned salt is all that’s needed. For a more robust flavor, use Italian seasoning or taco seasoning.
How to Roast Chicken in the Air Fryer
Air fryer whole chicken is low prep and failproof to make:
- Season the chicken and cook it breast side down, as per recipe below.
- Flip and cook until a meat thermometer reads 165°F.
- Let roast chicken rest before serving.
Tips for Juicy Air Fryer Roast Chicken
- If starting with a frozen chicken, add minutes to the cooking time and check the internal temperature before flipping it over. Always check at the thickest part of the meat and away from the bone, for a chicken, it will be in one of the breast sections.
- Tuck the wings under the back of the chicken so they don’t overcook.
- Allow the meat to rest once it’s removed from the air fryer before carving. This recirculates the juices back into the meat.
- While the chicken is resting, use the air fryer to make scalloped potatoes, tri-color carrots, or some broccoli and cauliflower.
More Chicken Recipes
- Easy Instant Pot Chicken Salad – Creamy and delish
- Air Fryer Chicken Pot Pie – Filling and comforting
- Air Fryer Cajun Chicken Thighs – Only 3 ingredients
- Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas – Quick
- Cajun Air Fryer Chicken Bites – Perfect Appetizer
Air Fryer Roast Chicken
- 1 chicken 3-4 lbs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon chicken seasoning or seasoned salt to taste
- Preheat air fryer to 350°F.
- Rub the chicken with oil and generously season. Tuck the wings under the back of the chicken.
- Place chicken breast side down and cook 25 minutes.
- Flip chicken over and cook an additional 25-30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reaches 165°F.
- Remove the chicken from the air fryer and rest 10 minutes before carving.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
REPIN this Air Fryer Roast Chicken Recipe