Once you’ve made homemade air fryer chicken nuggets you won’t want to cook them any other way!
They’re crunchy on the outside and tender and savory on the inside, just the way everybody likes them. Make a big batch for the refrigerator or freezer for handy snacks, appetizers, or lunch for the kiddos. The ultimate dippable, air fryer chicken nuggets go with all your favorite sauces and dips!
Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets
- This easy recipe uses ground chicken combined with seasonings and then they’re coated in Panko crumbs for perfectly breaded nuggets that are moist and tender on the inside and crunchy on the outside!
- No need to have fried nuggets when these air fryer nuggets are healthier and just as delicious.
- Chicken nuggets are a universal go-to food! Make batches and reheat them all week long!
- Make air fryer chicken nuggets for an afterschool snack, a quick and healthy dinner, or for movie night! Don’t forget the dips!
Ingredients & Variations
CHICKEN: Tyson makes a ground chicken blend that’s perfect for homemade nuggets! Feel free to use leftover ground turkey or sausage!
BREADING: Bread crumbs and Panko have the right blend of flavor-to-coating ratio. You can mix in other seasonings like taco, ranch, or even Cajun for a new twist on the basic nuggets!
How to Make Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets
Follow these simple steps:
- Mix chicken and seasonings in a bowl and form them into small disks.
- Dip them into the egg and then the bread crumbs.
- Air fry for 12-14 minutes, flipping them over halfway.
Serve with ranch dressing, nacho cheese, honey mustard, or just plain ketchup!
Air Fryer Tips & Tricks
- For the best results, always preheat the air fryer before cooking the nuggets. This allows the hot air to seal the juices in the meat and creates that crunchy coating that chicken nuggets are famous for!
- Cooking chicken nuggets too long will make them tough and rubbery. Check for doneness using a meat thermometer at 165°F.
- Keep batches of cooked air fryer chicken nuggets warm in the oven before serving.
- Reheat leftovers in the air fryer and freeze cooled chicken nuggets in a zippered bag for up to 4 weeks and reheat from frozen in the air fryer.
Best Air Fryer Chicken Appetizers
- Air Fryer Breaded Chicken Bites – Delicious
- Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings – Crispy
- Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Tenders– Easy
- Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings – Flavorful
Homemade Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon oil
- Preheat the air fryer to 375°F.
- Combine chicken and seasonings in a small bowl.
- Whisk the egg in a small bowl. Mix the breading mixture in a separate bowl.
- Create small flat 1 inch discs of the chicken mixture. Dip in the egg and finally into the breading.
- Spray with cooking oil and place in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 12-14 minutes flipping the nuggets halfway through cooking.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
Repin this Homemade Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets Recipe