Take the guessing game out of making eggs with these Hard Boiled Eggs In An Instant Pot. They can be made in what feels like a minute.
It is a great way of making large batches of hardboiled eggs, which is awesome when there is a lot of egg salad or deviled eggs to be made. Besides being quick and easy this recipe makes perfect instant pot hard-boiled eggs.
Hard-Boiled Eggs in an Instant Pot
PIN IT to your BREAKFAST board for later!
Follow Everything Air Fryer and more on Pinterest for More Great Ideas!
Perfect Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
This recipe is the best for making large batches of hard-boiled eggs. It won’t take long. Cook a dozen or twenty eggs at a time or as many that will fit in the pot.
Because the Instant Pot uses steam, it cooks everything uniformly and at the perfect temperature. So there is no need to worry about whether the eggs have been cooked long enough. There will be no overcooked or undercooked eggs with this recipe.
How to Cook Hard Boil Eggs In An Instant Pot
Here are the steps to quick and easy hard-boiled eggs.
- Add water to the Instant Pot.
- Stack eggs on a trivet or egg holder.
- Cook then remove from Instant Pot and let sit in cold water. (as per recipe below)
How To Peel Hard Boiled Eggs
To peel the eggs, tap one end of the egg and then the other gently against a hard surface. Then tap all the way around until the shell has cracked. Running the egg under cold water while peeling helps to remove all the smaller bits of shell.
Storing Hard-Boiled Eggs
Hard-boiled eggs can be stored with or without the shell. The eggs will keep for a week with the shell on or off. Store the peeled eggs in an air-tight container that has been lined with damp paper towels.
Tips & Tricks
- Shells will always peel easily with this recipe for new and old eggs.
- Use as few as 2 eggs or up to 20 eggs.
- A quick method of peeling is to put a couple of eggs in a container with a lid and shake them. This will break off most of the shells.
- Boiled eggs can be peeled and stored in the fridge for about 5 days for quick snacks.
Quick & Easy Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Bolognese Sauce
- Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup
- Instant Pot One Pot Goulash
- Instant Pot Bourbon Chicken & Shrimp
Hard Boiled Eggs In An Instant Pot
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup water
- Put one cup of water in Instant Pot.
- Stack eggs on trivet or on a egg holder
- Select "Manual" setting, "High Pressure". Seal the lid and select 5-6 minutes. Allow the eggs to cook.
- While the eggs are cooking, fill a bowl with ice water.
- When the timer finishes, allow the eggs to rest for 5 minutes without opening the lid (do not release the pressure). Once the 5 minutes is up, transfer the eggs to the prepared ice bath and cool for at least 5 minutes.