Once you’ve made air fryer chicken strips you’ll never go back to the drive-thru!
Breaded chicken strips come out crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside, perfect for any occasion!
Serve them as an entree or appetizer with tangy barbecue or hot Buffalo sauce for dipping.
Air Fryer Panko Chicken Strips
- Make Air Fryer Panko chicken strips as a wholesome snack or dinner when the big game is on or for movie night!
- The Air Fryer cooks up the crunch and flavor of restaurant-style chicken strips in less time without the deep-fried cleanup!
- Cook in batches and enjoy all week long on salads, sandwiches, or wraps!
Ingredients and Variations
Change the seasonings to make a new recipe every time!
Chicken – Slice fresh chicken breasts or grab chicken tenderloins. Chicken thighs are another excellent choice for nuggets instead of strips.
Panko – Panko can be purchased ready-made and seasoned, or you can make your own Panko and have it on hand for everything from breading to gratins! For a keto and low carb gluten-free chicken strip, switch out the Panko for crushed pork rinds!
Variations – Add different seasoning blends to the Panko! Go for simple seasonings like paprika or try savory Italian flavor or a zesty Cajun! Even a spoonful of grated parmesan cheese will add extra flavor to chicken strips! Serve with your favorite dipping sauces from bbq sauce to sweet chili.
How to Make Air Fryer Panko Chicken Strips
Skip the messy flour and egg dip in this air fryer chicken tenders recipe, and try this mayo coating!
- Whisk mayonnaise and mustard in a bowl and stir in raw chicken tenders until they’re all coated.
- Mix Panko and the remaining seasonings in another bowl (as per the recipe below).
- Dip each chicken breast strip into the Panko mixture, pressing it all around, if necessary.
- Place coated chicken strips in a single layer in the Air Fryer and spray with cooking spray. Cook until golden brown, flipping after about 4-5 minutes. Serve with homemade Ranch dip, honey mustard, or Buffalo sauce.
Tips & Tricks for the Best Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- Pop the chicken breasts in the freezer for 15-20 minutes for easier slicing into strips.
- Always start with a preheated Air Fryer for chicken strips. This ensures the hot air seals the outside and locks in all that juicy flavor!
- Avoid overcrowding the air fryer and cook chicken strips in batches, if necessary. Re-crisp them in the Air Fryer before serving.
- A meat thermometer is the best (and safest!) way to check that your chicken strips are fully cooked. Insert the probe into the thickest part of the meat and look for a minimum read of 165°F.
Storing Chicken Strips
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, and reheat them in the air fryer for crispy chicken tenders.
- They can also be reheated under the broiler, in the microwave, or in a stovetop grill pan.
Air Fryer Chicken Strips
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard or prepared mustard
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- cooking spray
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise and dijon. Add the chicken strips and stir to coat.
- In a separate bowl mix together the Panko breadcrumbs, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Dip each chicken strip into the breadcrumb mixture, ensuring it is well coated.
- Place each coated chicken strip into the air fryer basket and spray well with cooking spray.
- Air fry for 4-5 minutes on each side, until chicken is golden brown and has reached an internal temperature of 165°F.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!