Make this Air Fryer Salmon Fillet with zucchini and have it for company or even a weeknight meal!
Salmon fillets have never tasted better when they’re made in the air fryer. This easy recipe makes savory air fryer salmon with a bonus side of zucchini. A healthy entrée and side dish will be ready to eat in just one step!
Air Fryer Salmon Fillet
PIN IT to your MAIN DISHES board for later!
Follow Everything Air Fryer and more on Pinterest for More Great Ideas!
Best Air Fryer Entrees
- The air fryer is the perfect appliance for cooking fresh or frozen foods fast and with minimal cleanup!
- Salmon fillets come out juicy and tender with a crispy exterior if the skin is on or off!
- Here’s a list of other favorite air fryer baskets or tray entrees: Air Fryer Salmon with Dill, Avocado Pesto Zoodles, Air Fryer Salmon, Air Fryer Zucchini Lasagna.
Ingredients & Variations
FISH Salmon is naturally fatty (the healthy kind, of course) so it needs very little additional oil to cook it in. Other seafood recipes to air fry are Air Fryer Parmesan Crusted Grouper, Air Fryer Fish & Chips, and Sous Vide Scallops.
VEGETABLES Zucchini makes a ‘raft’ for the salmon and gets infused with the rich, buttery flavor of the fish as it cooks. Other good veggies to try are broccoli florets, halved brussels sprouts, asparagus spears, red onion slices, and mushrooms. Or a combination of any!
SEASONINGS Lemon pepper seasoning and thyme complement the fish and veggies in this recipe but feel free to experiment with other combinations like garlic, dill, or sage.
How to Cook Salmon in the Air Fryer with Zucchini
Air fryer salmon is so easy to cook and so delicious.
- Prepare salmon and zucchini with oil and seasonings (per the recipe below).
- Place the zucchini on the bottom of the air fryer and lay the salmon on top.
- Cook until the fish is light and flaky and a meat thermometer reads 145°F.
PRO TIP: Toss zucchini with a little parmesan cheese before air frying for a crispy coating.
Tips for Tender Salmon
- Always preheat the air fryer before using it in any recipe.
- For best results, once the fish reaches the desired temperature, remove it from the air fryer so it doesn’t overcook.
- Let the fish rest about 2 minutes before slicing it so it stays juicy.
Favorite Family Dinners
- Air Fryer Parmesan Crusted Grouper – easy flaky fish
- Easy Air Fryer Blackened Mahi Mahi – full of flavor!
- Air Fryer Salmon with Dill – fresh citrusy flavor!
- Avocado Pesto Zoodles – low carb and delicious
- Air Fryer Salmon – another reader favorite!
Air Fryer Salmon with Zucchini
- 2 fillets salmon 5-6 ounces
- 1 medium zucchini sliced or chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon thyme or 1 fresh sprig
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Coat salmon with oil and lemon pepper seasoning.
- Slice the zucchini and toss with olive oil, thyme, and salt and pepper.
- Place the zucchini in the bottom of the air fryer. Place the salmon filets on top. Bake for 6-9 minutes until the fish is flaky.