Make the best “candy of the sea” with this Sous Vide Scallops recipe!
Scallops are such healthy seafood. They are considered one of the healthiest, with a mild-tasting slight hint of sweetness. Cooked in the sous vide and then lightly seared, these are delectable.
Sous Vide Scallops
PIN IT to your APPETIZER board for later!
Follow Everything Air Fryer and more on Pinterest for More Great Ideas!
Easy Sous Vide Scallops
- Cooked in the sous vide these scallops will come out perfectly tender each time. There are no worries about overcooking or undercooking these succulent little bites of seafood.
- The joy of this recipe lies in the simplicity of the ingredients. Just a little lemon juice, salt and pepper, and olive oil.
- This recipe is also great because there is very little prep time. Using the sous vide makes this a hands-free and worry-free cooking process.
- Love scallops? Try making Air Fryer Scallops, or Sweet & Spicy Mango Shrimp & Scallops.
Sous Vide Scallop Ingredients
SCALLOPS: The main ingredient in this recipe is of course scallops. These little white and tender bites are from the interior of a sea mollusk. They can be purchased fresh or frozen (usually shelled), from most supermarkets. If buying fresh scallops they should smell sweet and fresh, and be firm and pink.
LEMON Lemon goes so well with scallops or any type of fish or seafood. These scallops end up with a buttery but bright flavor that pairs well with all kinds of side dishes.
How to Make Sous Vide Scallops
Make this simple sous vide and scallops recipe!
- Preheat water
- Place scallops, lemon, salt, and pepper in a vacuum-sealed bag.
- Place bag in water and cook. (As per recipe below)
- Lightly sear in a pan until golden brown.
What Temperature to Cook Scallops At
Make sure that the water has reached a temperature of 122°F. That’s all there is to it. Maintaining the correct temperature is the secret to cooking perfect scallops, and the sous vide does the job perfectly.
Cooking Scallops From Frozen—Time Saving Tips
- It is best to thaw the scallops before cooking.
- Do not microwave them, but allow them to thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
- If cooking from frozen, then cook them for an additional 30 minutes to give them time to thaw, then cook.
More Seafood Recipes
- Sweet & Spicy Mango Shrimp & Scallops – delish main dish!
- Air Fryer Garlic Butter Shrimp – a classic favorite
- Vortex Air Fryer Salmon Sliders – so tasty!
- Air Fryer Scallops– easy air fryer recipe
Sous Vide Scallops
- 1 pound scallops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ lemon sliced
- ½ teaspoon salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat water to 122°F.
- Place scallops in an air-tight bag or a vacuum-sealed bag with olive oil, seasoning, and lemon slices.
- Make sure the bag is sealed tightly. Place the bag in the water and cook for 30 minutes.
- Once done remove scallops from the bag and quickly sear both sides in a hot pan for 1 minute or until they are golden brown.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!