Air fryer shrimp is a quick appetizer for entertaining or the perfect addition to a summer salad.
When it comes to summer fun we love easy entertaining recipes. This recipe makes tender, juicy, garlic butter shrimp in the air fryer that’s perfect for appetizers, salad toppers, or taco fillers! It is ready in under 15 minutes, making it perfect for last-minute plans.
Garlic Butter Air Fryer Shrimp
PIN IT to your MAIN DISH board for later!
Follow Everything Air Fryer and more on Pinterest for More Great Ideas!
Quick & Easy Garlic Butter Shrimp
The air fryer makes this recipe uber-easy with less than 5 minutes of cook time.
- Mildly flavored shrimp are tossed with simple seasonings and air fried until they are plump, juicy, and absolutely delectable!
- Shrimp are loaded with healthy protein and are low-cal, low-fat, but high in flavor when they’re tossed with garlic butter, a splash of lemon juice, and a sprinkle of colorful parsley.
- This homemade recipe delivers tasty shrimp all day! Serve them for lunch over a bed of greens or for dinner over linguine.
Ingredients & Variations
SHRIMP: Shrimp come in a variety of sizes; this recipe uses large shrimp (31-40 per pound), but colossal shrimp (12-15 per pound) are an excellent size for appetizers served hot or cold.
Frozen shrimp must be thawed before seasoning. Then cook in the air fryer following the recipe below.
SEASONINGS: Light seasonings mean this recipe is super versatile and can be easily served hot or cold. Make this recipe your own and experiment with different bold blends like taco seasoning, or a southwest seasoning!
How to Cook Shrimp in the Air Fryer
Make delicious shrimp in just two simple steps.
- Toss shrimp with oil and seasonings.
- Cook until heated through (per the recipe below).
PRO TIP: Avoid overcooking the shrimp. They will continue to cook once they are removed from the air fryer basket.
Tips to Reheat Leftover Shrimp
The best way to store leftover shrimp is to keep it in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up 2 days.
Reheat it in the air fryer after adding tossing it in a little extra oil so it doesn’t get rubbery as it reheats.
Freeze portions in zippered bags for up to 4 weeks. Reheat them from frozen in the air fryer, however, they will not as firm as fresh.
Our Favorite Shrimp Recipes
- Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp – Breaded and perfectly crispy
- Easy Air Fryer Shrimp – with a spicy cajun kick!
- Best Air Fryer Shrimp Quesadillas – ready in under 15 mins
- Air Fryer Breaded Shrimp – restaurant-quality appetizer!
Air Fryer Garlic Butter Shrimp
- 1 pound large shrimp thawed, peeled and deveined
- 1 ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon parsley
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- Preheat air fryer to 370°F.
- In a medium bowl toss shrimp with oil and seasonings.
- Place shrimp in a single layer in an air fryer basket.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes or until shrimp are cooked through.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!