There is nothing quite like a shrimp quesadilla made in the air fryer!
These shrimp quesadillas are so quick and so easy to make! Made in the air fryer, they are the perfect appetizer or light dinner during the summer months. They are great for parties, picnics, or when there is company coming over, the options are endless!
Easy 15-Minute Shrimp Quesadilla
- Simple, light, and delicious, shrimp quesadillas are a level up from heavier appetizers or main dishes and one of the best recipes for impressing guests!
- The air fryer makes fancy, restaurant-quality shrimp quesadillas in minutes with minimal clean-up!
- These go great with other Mexican or fusion-themed appetizers like air fryer Mexican corn (Elote), tasty brisket nachos, or as an appetizer before this delicious Mexican lasagna.
- Shrimp quesadillas would also be excellent alongside a platter of air fryer beef fajitas for a surf ‘n turf dinner!
Ingredients & Variations
SHRIMP: Fresh or frozen shrimp will work in this recipe. Be sure the shrimp are thawed, peeled, and deveined. Bay shrimp, crab, salmon, or even leftover fish fillets, work great in this recipe too!
TORTILLAS: Flour tortillas are sturdier than corn tortillas, but either variety or size will do. 4 and 6-inch tortillas are perfect for smaller portions or portable snacking. Larger tortillas are meant for heartier appetites!
SEASONING: Blackened seasoning coats the shrimp with bold, robust seasonings and herbs. Why not DIY and have homemade blackened seasoning at the ready for future recipes?
TOPPINGS: Spicy jalapenos, sliced black olives, spinach, and black beans are all great additions to shrimp. Salsa, sour cream, and guacamole can be mixed into the shrimp filling or used as a topping. Or go for buffalo shrimp quesadillas with this easy buffalo sauce.
How to Make Shrimp Quesadillas in the Air Fryer
These cheesy and flavorful quesadillas are a quick and easy snack, lunch, or light dinner.
- Cook shrimp in oil and seasonings.
- Add all ingredients to the tortillas.
- Cook in the air fryer (per recipe below).
Serve with your favorite quesadilla toppings like sour cream, salsa, or guacamole for dipping!
Our Best Tips & Tricks
Keep leftover shrimp quesadillas in a covered container for up to 3 days. Reheat them in the air fryer or place them under the broiler until they are heated through.
Favorite Air Fryer Shrimp Recipes
- Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp
- Garlic Butter Air Fryer Shrimp
- Easy Air Fryer Shrimp
- Air Fryer Breaded Shrimp
Air Fryer Shrimp Quesadilla
- 4 ounces medium shrimp thawed, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons olive oil plus additional for brushing the tortilla
- ½ teaspoon blackened seasoning
- 2 flour tortillas 10-inch
- 1 cup Mexican cheese blend shredded
- 1 tablespoon red onion diced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- Preheat air fryer to 370°F.
- Combine shrimp, oil, and seasoning. Place in the air fryer basket and cook 3 minutes or until shrimp is pink.
- Remove from the air fryer basket.
- Lay out the tortillas and top on side of the tortilla with half of the shrimp, cheese, red onion, and cilantro.
- Fold in half to close and brush the outside of the tortillas with olive oil.
- Gently place in the air fryer basket or on the air fryer trays and top with a metal trivet*.
- Cook 4 minutes, open the air fryer and remove the trivet. Flip the quesadillas over and cook an additional 4-6 minutes or until browned and crisp.
- Cool 2 minutes before cutting into wedges.
Add any cooked vegetables you'd like.