Make this easy, impressive Air Fryer Mahi Mahi to wow your guests in minutes!
The air fryer is perfect for cooking all kinds of fish! This fish recipe for blackened air fryer Mahi is delicious and beautifully insta-worthy! Each fillet comes out flaky and tender on the outside with a blackened crust of robust seasonings on the outside.
Air Fryer Mahi Mahi
PIN IT to your MAIN DISH board for later!
Follow Everything Air Fryer and more on Pinterest for More Great Ideas!
Best 3 Ingredient Blackened Mahi Mahi
- Air fryer blackened Mahi-Mahi is a foolproof side dish or entrée that’s made in minutes with minimal cleanup!
- Firm yet flaky, this exotic fish fillet has a sweet, mild flavor that tastes more like swordfish than ahi tuna.
- Serve hot or cold! Add to fish tacos or top a salad, this recipe is a healthy, low-carb alternative to meat and so easy to make in the air fryer!
Ingredients & Variations
FISH Fresh or frozen Mahi Mahi fillets usually come in 1” thicknesses, other firm fillets like halibut or cod will work, too.
SEASONING Buy a packaged mix or make a blackened seasoning blend that can be used for everything from air fryer mixed vegetables with sausage and ravioli to air fryer chicken legs.
How to Cook Mahi Mahi in Air Fryer
It’s easy to make this simple entree.
- Pat dry prepared fillets.
- Rub with olive oil and season.
- Place fillets in a single layer in an air fryer and cook until flaky (per recipe below).
Serve immediately topped with your favorite fruit salsa on a bed of rice or your favorite salad!
Tips for Perfectly Seasoned Fish
- For best results, avoid crowding the fish fillets in the air fryer.
- To get the best crispy, blackened crust, the hot air needs to evenly circulate around each piece.
- Cooking time can vary with the thickness of the fish. Check the temperature of the fish early to ensure it doesn’t overcook.
More Fish Recipes in the Air Fryer
- Best Air Fryer Salmon and Zucchini – So savory
- Air Fryer Parmesan Crusted Grouper – Crusted with melted parmesan
- Easy Air Fryer Fish & Chips – A classic
- Air Fryer Salmon with Dill – With a citrus twist
Air Fryer Blackened Mahi Mahi
- 4 mahi mahi fillets 3-4 oz each
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons blackening seasoning
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Pat fillets dry and generously rub with olive oil then coat them with blackening seasoning.
- Place fillets in the air fryer basket and cook for 7-9 minutes.
- Fish should reach 145°F internally and be opaque and flaky.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!