With only a few easy ingredients, these Air Fryer Scallops come out juicy & tender every time!
Air Fryers are the new kitchen must-have! Scallops come out perfectly seasoned, crispy on the outside, and tender on the inside. Because scallops are usually equally sized, they cook to perfection every time!
Air Fryer Scallops
PIN IT to your APPETIZER board for later!
Follow Everything Air Fryer and more on Pinterest for More Great Ideas!
Easy to Make Appetizer
- In mere minutes, scallops can be prepared for a last-minute appetizer, salad topper, or tossed into pasta!
- Fresh or frozen, simply adapt the cooking time! No need to turn them over halfway through.
- No more second-guessing if scallops are cooked evenly! The air fryer guarantees it!
- Make it a Seafood Buffet and try these air fryer recipes! Instant Vortex Air Fryer Salmon w/ Zucchini, Vortex Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp.
Ingredients and Variations
SCALLOPS: Choose Sea scallops over bay scallops for their bigger size. Smaller scallops can be used but the basket will need to be shaken halfway through cooking. No scallops? Try shrimp instead! SEASONINGS: Here’s the fun part! Scallops have a sweet, buttery flavor with a very tender texture, so nearly any seasoning combination will work! This recipe uses Cajun seasoning, but Italian, Tex-Mex, or even a blackened style rub will work!
How to Make Air Fryer Scallops
Air Fryer Scallops are ready in just 10 minutes and are so easy to prepare!
- Pat scallops dry. Toss with olive oil and seasoning.
- Lay scallops in a single layer in the preheated air fryer and cook (per recipe below).
Ready to enjoy as an easy appetizer, add to your favorite pasta dish, or serve on top of a salad!
- Avoid overcrowding the air fryer. It’s best to cook in small batches so the hot air can circulate around each piece, air frying it perfectly.
- Have smaller scallops? Be sure to shake the basket halfway through to ensure even cooking!
- For frozen scallops, add another 5 minutes to the cooking time and check for doneness.
Time Saving Tips
Always preheat the air fryer before cooking anything. The initial burst of heat to the food helps lock in flavor by sealing the outside.
Must-Try Seafood Recipes
- Mango Shrimp & Scallops – sweet and spicy!
- Air Fryer Seafood Lasagna – with homemade noodles
- Air Fryer Shrimp – easy appetizer!
- Air Fried Crab & Cream Cheese Wontons – ready in 20 minutes.
- Sous Vide Scallops – with a hint of sweetness
Air Fryer Scallops
- 1 pound scallops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Remove scallops from the packaging and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Combine seasoning, oil, and scallops in a bowl and toss to combine.
- Place scallops in the air fryer basket and cook for 5-6 minutes.