Air Fryer Asparagus and Mushrooms are a deliciously quick and easy appetizer or side dish.
It’s the delicious and easy vegetable medley you didn’t know you needed. Lightly seasoned and tossed in olive oil, fresh asparagus and mushrooms come out tender on the inside with a crispy coating on the outside. Let the air fryer work its magic again!
Air Fryer Asparagus and Mushrooms
PIN IT to your SIDE DISHES board for later!
Follow Everything Air Fryer and more on Pinterest for More Great Ideas!
Best Air Fryer Appetizer
- Homemade asparagus and mushrooms are quick and healthy snacks. Season them lightly (as this recipe calls for) or toss them in your favorite blend of spices.
- Try tossing them with soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, or Sriracha which will caramelize the outside of the veggies adding a whole new flavor profile every time.
- Add some bacon bits to the recipe, just crumble up some Perfect Air Fryer Bacon for a heartier side dish!
- This multi-purpose recipe is guaranteed to be made again and again. Serve asparagus and mushrooms alone or serve as a vegetable platter along with some other air-fried veggies like Air Fryer Broccoli, Air Fryer Roasted Snap Peas, Air Fryer Roasted Peppers, or some Easy Air Fryer Radishes.
Ingredients & Variations
ASPARAGUS Choose bright green stalks that smell sweet and are free from soft spots or bruises. Cut off the tough bottom inch of each stalk. Even frozen asparagus can be used and does not need to be thawed first!
MUSHROOMS Keep mushrooms dry and at room temperature until ready to use. Brush off any dirt or debris before using. Small button mushrooms provide a nice visual contrast to long pieces of asparagus, but thick slices of Portobello mushrooms, enoki, oysters, or shiitake make this an even more exotic-looking dish!
SEASONINGS Keep it basic with salt and pepper or toss veggies in garlic powder, or any favorite packaged seasoning like a taco, chili, or Ranch seasoning.
How to Make Air Fryer Asparagus and Mushrooms
This simple dish has two easy steps.
- Toss veggies in oil and seasonings (per recipe below).
- Cook in the air fryer until tender.
PRO TIP: Sprinkle a little parmesan cheese on the veggies halfway through the cooking time.
Tips for Crisp Veggies
- For best results, always preheat the air fryer before using and avoid overcrowding the basket so air can circulate around the food making it extra crispy.
- Cut veggies in uniform sizes. Use small, button mushrooms or cut larger ones in half.
- PRO TIP: For presentation purposes, remove stems from mushrooms before cooking and freeze them to add to soup stock, omelets, or this tasty Instant Pot Steak Potato and Mushroom Soup.
More Air Fryer Vegetable Recipes
- Mexican Street Corn (Elote) – incredibly easy!
- Air Fryer Broccoli Tots – even the kids will love ’em
- Best Air Fryer Zucchini Fries – crispy and healthy!
- Air Fryer Vegetables – with zucchini and bell peppers
- Air Fryer Carrot Fries – a colorful french fry
- Easy Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts – easy and delicious!
- Air Fryer Broccoli and Cauliflower – lightly seasoned
Air Fryer Mushrooms and Asparagus
- 2 cups mushrooms cut in half
- 2 cups asparagus cut into thirds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Cut vegetables to desired lengths and toss with oil and seasonings.
- Place in the air fryer basket and cook for 5-6 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!