Air Fryer Kale Chips are the guilt-free answer to sudden snack attacks!
Nothing could be easier to make when everyone is craving something crunchy and salty! Homemade kale chips in the air fryer are not only healthy, but they’re a snacking secret weapon for keto lovers. This recipe makes light and crispy kale chips with just a little salt and paprika, perfect to eat straight out of the air fryer or dip into a low-carb dressing like ranch or honey mustard.
Air Fryer Kale Chips
PIN IT to your SNACKS & APPETIZERS board for later!
Follow Everything Air Fryer and more on Pinterest for More Great Ideas!
Healthy Crispy Kale Chips
- Not everyone loves kale, but they might be converted when they try these delicious kale chips! Season them lightly like in this recipe or create your own blend.
- Air fryer snacks are so easy to make in the air fryer with minimal prep, cook time, and clean-up! Even kids love kale chips with a little sprinkle of vinegar or parmesan cheese. Add them to a salad or use them as low-carb croutons in soups and stews.
- Serve crispy kale chips with these other healthy low-carb snacks! Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Brussels Sprouts, Air Fryer Roasted Snap Peas, and some Air Fryer Cheesy Garlic Cauliflower.
Ingredients & Variations
KALE Any variety of kale will work for this recipe, however ‘curly’ kale may take longer to dry out. Lacinato kale, aka “dinosaur kale”, is easier to work with. Always rinse, pat dry, and remove the spines of the kale before cooking.
SEASONING Try this recipe on its own before adding any additional seasonings, you might like that best. Getting creative with other seasoning blends like a taco, barbecue, Tex-Mex, even Cajun seasoning means kale chips can be a new recipe every time! Sprinkle on a little parmesan cheese nutritional yeast before air frying for a cheesy flavor.
How to Make Kale Chips in the Air Fryer
It’s super easy to make healthy homemade kale chips.
- Prepare kale pieces and toss with oil and seasonings (as per recipe below).
- Cook in the air fryer until pieces are firm and crisp, turning halfway.
- Serve hot or let them cool.
Keep kale chips in a paper bag at room temperature for up to a week. Crisp up leftovers by reheating them in the air fryer.
Tips for Crispy Kale Chips
- Make sure pieces are uniform in size and completely dry before tossing with the oil and seasonings.
- Avoid overcrowding the air fryer basket so the air can circulate around the kale chips making them crispy all the way around.
More Air Fryer Snacks
- Air Fryer Pork Bites – perfect flavorful bite!
- Air Fryer Zucchini Fries – healthy and homemade
- Easy Air Fryer Roasted Snap Peas – a snappy snack!
- Air Fryer Crispy Chickpeas – so many flavor options
- Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Wings – quick and crispy
Vortex Air Fryer Keto Kale Chips
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon paprika optional
- Preheat the air fryer to 375°F.
- Pull the leaves away from the spine and tear into chip size pieces.
- Toss the leaves with oil and seasonings. Place in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 2 minutes, flip and cook for another 2 minutes or until they are crispy.
- Toss with salt (if you want more) or any other optional seasoning.